Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Challenges and Contests > *NEW* Designer Program

*NEW* Designer Program The New Designer Program is on haitus.

theStudio is proud to debut a *NEW* Designer Program. Think you have what it takes? Would love to know if your designs sell? Sign-up here (make your own thread). Ask questions here, or PM me, piggyscraps, aka Toiny.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Toiny's Avatar
Toiny Toiny is offline
theStudio Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,703
Default FAQ

This program is for all you budding Designers. It is a demo program. This will allow you to see if your designs sell, and get a glimpse into life as a Designer. It is not a permanent contract with SAS.

What you get:
  1. One month product listing in Stone Accents Studio store.
  2. Access to our Designer Forum.
  3. A sales report!
  4. Some kindly constructive critism.
  5. A paycheck.
What to do first:
  1. Start a thread in this forum. Showcase the product you would like to sell.
  2. Include a copy of your TOU.
What happens next:
  1. I will pick however many budding, promising, Designers I can comfortably manage. It may be one, it may be two, it may be more. This is new to me too so bear with me.
  2. You will need to upload, and send me, your full kit/product.
  3. I, and my admin team, will manage store listing.
  4. You will be listed in our newsletter, but any additional advertising (blog, etc.) will fall on you.
  5. Your product will be listed for one month at SAS.
  6. At the end of the month you will get CC, pay (70% commission), and a clearer understanding of what it takes to be a Designer!
Feel free to post any questions here or to PM me! Let the fun begin.

Smooches,

Toiny
SAS Owner
__________________
---------------







my email
  #2  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:00 PM
littlespooky's Avatar
littlespooky littlespooky is offline
theStudio Rembrandt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: berks county pa.
Posts: 5,325
Default

what a great idea Toiny! good luck to all you budding designers out there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggyscraps View Post
This program is for all you budding Designers. It is a demo program. This will allow you to see if your designs sell, and get a glimpse into life as a Designer. It is not a permanent contract with SAS.

What you get:
  1. One month product listing in Stone Accents Studio store.
  2. Access to our Designer Forum.
  3. A sales report!
  4. Some kindly constructive critism.
  5. A paycheck.
What to do first:
  1. Start a thread in this forum. Showcase the product you would like to sell.
  2. Include a copy of your TOU.
What happens next:
  1. I will pick however many budding, promising, Designers I can comfortably manage. It may be one, it may be two, it may be more. This is new to me too so bear with me.
  2. You will need to upload, and send me, your full kit/product.
  3. I, and my admin team, will manage store listing.
  4. You will be listed in our newsletter, but any additional advertising (blog, etc.) will fall on you.
  5. Your product will be listed for one month at SAS.
  6. At the end of the month you will get CC, pay (70% commission), and a clearer understanding of what it takes to be a Designer!
Feel free to post any questions here or to PM me! Let the fun begin.

Smooches,

Toiny
SAS Owner
__________________
  #3  
Old 06-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Ambowife Designs's Avatar
Ambowife Designs Ambowife Designs is offline
theStudio Designer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Temora, Country NSW, Australia
Posts: 16,866
Default

Fabulous opportunity for those who are sitting on the fence about selling their designs, super program Toiny!! Good luck to all of you who take up this great offer!!
__________________


~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason


  #4  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Amberpony's Avatar
Amberpony Amberpony is offline
theStudio Monet
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nevada City, CA Winter 2013
Posts: 4,732
Thumbs up

What a Great Idea wish I had something ready.
  #5  
Old 06-20-2009, 06:50 AM
kimberkatt's Avatar
kimberkatt kimberkatt is offline
theStudio Party Girl
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 10,130
Default

Fantastic opportunity! Wish I knew how to design! LOL!

Good luck to those that choose to take advantage!
__________________
Kimberly
  #6  
Old 06-23-2009, 10:25 AM
zzaa_za zzaa_za is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 449
Default

Wow!
Maybe I should do some designing, hehe.
__________________
~ May~

My Blog..........My Gallery..........My Store


  #7  
Old 06-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Toiny's Avatar
Toiny Toiny is offline
theStudio Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,703
Default

You are more than welcome May! Just need one complete something for me to add in the store... If it does well, you might want to make more
__________________
---------------







my email
  #8  
Old 06-23-2009, 01:22 PM
zzaa_za zzaa_za is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 449
Default

I am now starting to create a kit.
Not sure how it's going to work but anyway it's quite fun.

I have some questions.
When we save the file in png format, there's a png 8 and png 24, which one should I choose? (normally, I choose png24)
The second question is, how dose it count to be a normal kit (numbers of papers and elements)?

Thank you
__________________
~ May~

My Blog..........My Gallery..........My Store


  #9  
Old 06-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Toiny's Avatar
Toiny Toiny is offline
theStudio Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,703
Default

How fun! YAY May!

Save in png-24, it allows for a greater color range in the saved file, and better resolution when printed.

Likewise, when you save your 300 dpi jpeg files save at least at "10" High to retain the proper printing resolution.

Kit size & price vary.

Standard elements are 20-40 elements
Standard paper is 12-20

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

What is most important is the quality, the design and the uniqueness. If you take only the free CU products out there and recolor & call it a day... no one is going to jump up & down with excitement.

GOOD LUCK!

Toiny




Quote:
Originally Posted by zzaa_za View Post
I am now starting to create a kit.
Not sure how it's going to work but anyway it's quite fun.

I have some questions.
When we save the file in png format, there's a png 8 and png 24, which one should I choose? (normally, I choose png24)
The second question is, how dose it count to be a normal kit (numbers of papers and elements)?

Thank you
__________________
---------------







my email
  #10  
Old 06-23-2009, 03:36 PM
88 Designs by M's Avatar
88 Designs by M 88 Designs by M is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 296
Default

I have had to lear now to use some of the stuff I have to make my own CU items. I have a few ribbons that I am starting to use. I started there since ribbons are the easier of the items to extract. I am working on some flowers and stuff like that so that I can have a bigger variety to use. I also do a lot of doodling and drawing. I have used some of the items I have drawn to make some things in my kits. I was very proud of myself for the part of the Mega kit for July that I made. I used very little CU stuff other than overlays. I am still learning how to do those!! I even extracted flowers from some pictures myself!! I am excited about that!! But, we all have to start somewhere. It takes practice and the want to learn how to do something. Good luck to all who take part in this opportunity!!
__________________

made by littlespooky with Lilypond kit
  #11  
Old 06-23-2009, 05:09 PM
kimberkatt's Avatar
kimberkatt kimberkatt is offline
theStudio Party Girl
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 10,130
Default

I've been suppressing my inner design-bug for quite some time now... I usually just start creating willy-nilly and almost always end up trashing the end result... But, it's good practice on how to manipulate shapes/colors/brushes into something useable! I dream of the day that I will have the time to devote to designing...
__________________
Kimberly
  #12  
Old 06-23-2009, 05:57 PM
littlespooky's Avatar
littlespooky littlespooky is offline
theStudio Rembrandt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: berks county pa.
Posts: 5,325
Default

go for it KimberKatt! maybe for the fun of it i will put some in...if i'm not too busy blinkercising..lol
__________________
  #13  
Old 06-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Toiny's Avatar
Toiny Toiny is offline
theStudio Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,703
Default

You know Kim, even if you come up with just one kit a month.... as long as it's a good, quality kit, people will come.

Over & over I hear that people would rather wait & buy a quality, unique product than from a Designer who produces new, same-old-same-old, every week.

So design! Do it on your time, enjoy each little bit you create and when you have a whole kit... you know where to find me.

T




Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberkatt View Post
I've been suppressing my inner design-bug for quite some time now... I usually just start creating willy-nilly and almost always end up trashing the end result... But, it's good practice on how to manipulate shapes/colors/brushes into something useable! I dream of the day that I will have the time to devote to designing...
__________________
---------------







my email
  #14  
Old 06-23-2009, 10:35 PM
zzaa_za zzaa_za is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 449
Default

Hey!!!!
I just want you to have a look of some stuffs, I create, mostly papers because it's the easiest for me, hehe. I'll make more then will have to choose them before putting it together in the kit. I'll take my time, creating the kit.

I'll try to create most of the elements myself, but may have to use some CU as well.

Here's the example of papers I made.



Does it looks okay???


Come'on Kimberkatt, let's give a try. Toiny gave as a chance, so let's grab it.
__________________
~ May~

My Blog..........My Gallery..........My Store


  #15  
Old 06-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Mitsybelle's Avatar
Mitsybelle Mitsybelle is offline
the Studio - Designer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
Posts: 12,596
Default

I love your papers May
__________________
~ Jeanette ~
  #16  
Old 06-24-2009, 12:05 AM
zzaa_za zzaa_za is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 449
Default

Thank you Jeanette!

OH! I haven't start to scrap anything today, just busy working on the kit.
I've just finished extract one flower.
__________________
~ May~

My Blog..........My Gallery..........My Store



Last edited by zzaa_za; 06-24-2009 at 01:44 AM.
  #17  
Old 06-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Amberpony's Avatar
Amberpony Amberpony is offline
theStudio Monet
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nevada City, CA Winter 2013
Posts: 4,732
Thumbs up

Nice Job on the Papers May!
  #18  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:39 AM
kimberkatt's Avatar
kimberkatt kimberkatt is offline
theStudio Party Girl
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 10,130
Default

you know what... I may just have to take Toiny up on this offer! Of course, if I design the way I scrap, it could take me a loooonnnnnggggg time!!! LOL!!

May, love the papers! Great job!!
__________________
Kimberly
  #19  
Old 06-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Amberpony's Avatar
Amberpony Amberpony is offline
theStudio Monet
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nevada City, CA Winter 2013
Posts: 4,732
Default

I am Itchin to Give this a Try.
I am just so bad at picking a Color Palette. Then there is sticking To it. LOL
Is this a Create your own stuff kind of thing or Alter CU items to make them Special?
  #20  
Old 06-24-2009, 03:49 PM
littlespooky's Avatar
littlespooky littlespooky is offline
theStudio Rembrandt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: berks county pa.
Posts: 5,325
Default

May your papers are gorgeous! love them! oooh!
Dianna there are sites around that have color pallette that others make
here are a few
http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes/top
http://www.colorcombos.com/
http://www.colorcombos.com/
http://www.colorhunter.com/
happy scrappy!
__________________
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.