Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Challenges and Contests > *NEW* Designer Program

*NEW* Designer Program The New Designer Program is on haitus.

theStudio is proud to debut a *NEW* Designer Program. Think you have what it takes? Would love to know if your designs sell? Sign-up here (make your own thread). Ask questions here, or PM me, piggyscraps, aka Toiny.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:21 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Default Digi Design Academy!!

I thought with all the new aspiring designers coming in here to check out the awesome new Program Toiny has set up, that I would let you all know about Sherah's Digi Design Academy!

The Digi Design Academy is a "work-at-your-own-pace" type of classroom to teach you everything you need to know about becoming a Designer!! It covers three programs, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, & Paint Shop Pro! It is taught by the lovely & talented Sherah of Skrapper Digitals, who is just the sweetest "teacher" by far!

It includes topics like Monitor Calibration, TOU's, Color Theory, cleaning up CU products for use, Quality checking your products, Logo Design, How to apply to a store, FTP usage, Copyright, Industry Standards, Preview Making, essential items for a kit, blogging, product descriptions, promoting yourself & your designs, blinkies/banners, basic design principles, basics of creating elements, making your own overlays/brushes/patterns/textures, gentle critique & one-on-one coaching if needed!

If you want more information, you can find the product in the store here! I am a student of the academy, and I highly recommend it! Sherah's lessons are very straight forward and easy to understand. And the best part is being able to learn at your own pace, so you are not forced to make time for the lessons! Once you purchase the product, you have "unlimited" access to the site and all the wonderful information shared over there!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:25 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

Thanks for all the info. Sherah is just as sweet as anyone can possibly be. I just love her.

I really would like to learn PSP so maybe this fall when things quiet down for me I can sign up for her class.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:22 PM
theStudio Owner

I highly, highly recommend this program. Sherah is one of our most successful designers and this is a very well-thought out, easy to understand, cover all the bases program.

If you are serious about designing, but a little confused on any, many, of the ins-and-outs. This is truly priceless.

Toiny

my email
Old 07-08-2009, 05:58 PM
theStudio Party Girl

I can't praise this program enough! It's helping me to understand everything, right from the beginning! You don't know how much goes into being a designer until you become one... or you take Sherah's courses!!
Old 07-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Designer Contestant 2009

Thank you for this info! I come here and cruise often but never saw this. May have to do this!

[URL="http://missmisdesigns.blogspot.com/"]
Old 07-12-2009, 01:53 AM
theStudio Monet

I have to admit I am enjoying this course and recommend it to any one looking for hands on learning at your pace!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
theStudio Picasso

I've always been interested in this class even though I have absolutely no intention to become a designer. I think it could help me to make better LO's & to make elements etc that I need & don't have.
I think it would be good for CT's too.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:04 PM
theStudio Owner

Hmmmm I'm thinking maybe Sherah (yoooohooo Sherah!) could do a "lite" version of this specifically for this purpose. Some of the course you wouldn't need ie: how to TOU, market, etc, etc.

I know that starting scrapping is so confusing. You see these great LO's soooooooooo beautifull, you run & buy the exact same kit & then.... wellllll let's just say I was very unhappy for months. I would much rather have had someone hold my hand & help me learn.

Toiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba2 View Post
I've always been interested in this class even though I have absolutely no intention to become a designer. I think it could help me to make better LO's & to make elements etc that I need & don't have.
I think it would be good for CT's too.

my email
Old 10-31-2009, 02:44 AM
theStudio Picasso

Have been thinking of purchasing but it is just a matter of having the $$ to do so, hopefully when I have the funds the class will still be around
Old 10-31-2009, 10:06 AM
theStudio Party Girl

I don't think Sherah's going anywhere anytime soon!

It's cool because you can learn at your own pace, and she has weekly video chats that are awesome!!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:00 PM
theStudio Designer

Smile

oh! i just saw this thread.. sorry get lost in forums! rofl.. thanks ladies for all the nice words, and thats a great idea Toiny and Joba2! hmmm.... something to think of there for sure.... :-) i still haven't added this back into the site since the crash,this reminds me to get that up there! lol :-)
(hugs)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Old 11-25-2009, 12:11 PM
theStudio Party Girl

get to it, lady! You act like you have sooo much to do! LOL!!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:46 PM
theStudio Artist

Interesting. I will have to look into, but probably not till after the holidays.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:08 PM
theStudio CT

I only have pse 6.0, will this class work for me? Or do I need photoshop?

Click to visit my blog:
Old 12-22-2009, 09:23 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Absolutely! I use PSE5 mostly, PS7 as a backup... I haven't had to use PS yet though!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:04 PM
theStudio Artist

this was an awesome class..though i will probably have to go back through..and learn it for PS, but it's super easy to follow