Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Challenges and Contests > *NEW* Designer Program

*NEW* Designer Program The New Designer Program is on haitus.

theStudio is proud to debut a *NEW* Designer Program. Think you have what it takes? Would love to know if your designs sell? Sign-up here (make your own thread). Ask questions here, or PM me, piggyscraps, aka Toiny.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:05 PM
theStudio Warhol

Default KatLen Kreations

Hey all - I have been doing kits for more than a year, but still feel like a newbie.
always open for hints.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:17 AM
theStudio Party Girl

I think it all just takes practice! I've been dabbling for just over a year and I STILL can't get up enough nerve to do a kit! LOL!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
theStudio Owner

Katlen, I just had a great hint tossed my way the other day (month?) and it's worked wonders for my Designing.

Take a paper in your new kit. Start building your preview on it as you Design. Not only does it help you keep perspective & palette accurate but it also lets you see how your kit is developing and what it still needs. Bonus? Your preview is done when your kit is done!

Smooches,

Toiny

my email
Old 03-02-2010, 12:34 PM
theStudio Scrapper

You're absolutely right, Toiny! This is a great tip and something I always do. I usually create a program-specific layered file called DESIGN TESTING so that I can see the effect of the elements when placed on the papers. Sometimes this results in the necessity of recolouring, etc. of papers and/or elements so that they "work well" together. And as you said, it makes it much, much easier to assemble the preview!

PS ... Love the new look!

LilyBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggyscraps View Post
Katlen, I just had a great hint tossed my way the other day (month?) and it's worked wonders for my Designing.

Take a paper in your new kit. Start building your preview on it as you Design. Not only does it help you keep perspective & palette accurate but it also lets you see how your kit is developing and what it still needs. Bonus? Your preview is done when your kit is done!

Smooches,

Toiny