Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 07-30-2009, 11:25 AM
theStudio Owner

Default Being a mom....

is challenging.

I got new contacts. A whole box-full. I wore two, I have two eyes after all, and a couple of days later lost one in the shower. Back to the box I go. All the little bubble packs are ripped open & empty.

I blame the baby. He says sorry. I google "eating contact lenses" and similar to see if he's possibly, seriously damaged from eating the gummy's. A couple days pass. I realize they were out of the baby's reach. I turn to Tess(.

Having taken the how-to-be-a-mommy class several times now I don't give her a chance to deny, just a chance to tell me why. And why????

"So my stuffies could see better." Yeah. Because teddy bears & blue spotted giraffes need contact lenses.

Anyone else? Share me a my-kids-are-special story so I'm not alone.

Toiny

my email
Old 07-31-2009, 11:35 AM
theStudio Monet

hehee..... so very cute! Gotta lovem!
Old 07-31-2009, 01:09 PM
theStudio Party Girl

OMG! LOL! Are you reading my mind today, or what? I just posted this in the private backroom, but I have no qualms about sharing it openly! :p

Here goes my story:

My son(4), daughter(3) & I outside playing in the pool. Daughter happily swimming, son gets out and comes over to me.

Son: "Mommy, I'm cold"
Mom: "Here, take your towel"

{wraps towel around him & proceeds to sit his wet butt on my dry leg }

Son: "Mommy, I'm thirsty!"
Mom: "You just had juice, you can have more later."
Son: "Mommy, I'm getting hungry"
Mom: "You just ate lunch, you should not be hungry. Why don't you swim some more?"
Son: "I don't like to swim. It's too cold."
Mom: "What do you want to do?"

{big grin starts to appear on his face}

Son: "I want to tickle Mommy!"

{proceeds to "tickle" me in my armpit!}

Mom: {laughing} "Stop, stop!"

{Son abruptly stops and stands looking at me, puzzled}

Mom: "What's wrong?"
Son: "Uh, I felt something."
Mom: "What?!"

{Son lifts up Mom's arm and peers in}

Son: "Mommy! You're furry under there!! Are you gonna be a dog?!"

And so, I suppose, I must shave the armpits everyday now so I don't freak out my son!!

:p
Old 07-31-2009, 01:23 PM
theStudio Designer

LOL life is always interesting with little ones in the house. Thanks for the giggles girls
You brightened my morning

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Old 07-31-2009, 02:03 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

You ladies are too funny - no I guess it's the kids. Anyway you put some laughter into my afternoon. Kids say and do the darndest things
Old 07-31-2009, 04:31 PM
theStudio Scribbler

lol @ you girls!! I haven't had anything funny happened to me lately lol! boring household here.......
Old 07-31-2009, 04:38 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

i can't wait till jakey gets older so he can embarress us..lol! i have a funny one...this little guy i was watching at a daycare i woked at comes up to me and tell me that they have roaches at their house. itold him that he shouldn't be telling people that..i then found out from his Mom the teacher that they were raising them for a school project..lol!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:56 PM
theStudio Party Girl

HAHAHAHHA @ the roaches story!!!

My son told a man at the supermarket: "Mommy doesn't wash the dishes until they hit the roof" (totally repeating my husband! )

Which is SO NOT TRUE! ad: They're about 10" away from the roof!! :p
Old 07-31-2009, 05:03 PM
theStudio Scribbler

haha! only 10" kimberly??? I have dishes to wash tonite but i don't know what i'm doing sitting here checking msges! I am trying hard to think of something funny for you girls but nothing'a coming toi my mind lol!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:13 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

the one day i was at a grocery store, i am 6 feet tall...and a full figured woman...eek! well back to story.this little boy let's say about 4 years old looks up to me craning his neck and says...wooooooaaaaah! i was hysterical!!! his poor mother was totally embaressed...i said it was okay and i got a kick out of it..i said i am probably taller than his daddy, which i was was...i still chuckle about it when i think of it...

Last edited by littlespooky; 07-31-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:41 PM
the Studio - Designer

Oh Carmen, my DD did that when I was shopping one day, this 'very large' lady, in all directions,was behind us at the checkout and my DD said 'wow mum ... that's a BIG lady', I quietly wispered to her 'yes sweetie, she's very tall' ... now very loudly she said so everyone could hear and with arms exagerating 'no mum, THAT'S A BIG LADY' ...

I could have just disappeared right then and there I was soooo embarrassed, the lady by the way just smiled, I really felt for her gotta love those kids
Old 07-31-2009, 08:12 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

lol! kids!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsybelle View Post
Oh Carmen, my DD did that when I was shopping one day, this 'very large' lady, in all directions,was behind us at the checkout and my DD said 'wow mum ... that's a BIG lady', I quietly wispered to her 'yes sweetie, she's very tall' ... now very loudly she said so everyone could hear and with arms exagerating 'no mum, THAT'S A BIG LADY' ...

I could have just disappeared right then and there I was soooo embarrassed, the lady by the way just smiled, I really felt for her gotta love those kids
Old 07-31-2009, 10:34 PM
theStudio Artist

Where do I start???? Seeing how I have almost 4 year old boy/girl twins, I have seen and heard everything!!! One of my favorite ones is the day my son said something about when I was baptized. I was baptized back in June when I joined the church I attend now. The twins were running around asking why I got "badtized". I guess they didn't get the word baptized. So one day, my little boy asked me why I wasn't "goodtized:!! I thought my mom was going to hit the floor laughing!! I had to tell the pastor that one. Just this past Sunday, my older son was saying something about the clouds and the sun and heaven and stuff like that. Ashley rings in and started asking questions about heaven. Then, her next question was, "Mommy, you can't get to heaven on an airplane, can you???" My aunt started crying, she was laughing so hard. It is an everyday thing around our house!!

made by littlespooky with Lilypond kit
Old 08-02-2009, 12:51 AM
theStudio Monet

LOL
You Girls Are Funny
Soooo Where are the memory pages that go with these Funny Life Stories.
After All they will date one day and we will want to embarrass them at some point. LOL
Old 08-02-2009, 06:49 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Diana.... did you read my mind?!!! I was just going through my pics to find ones that will fit with the story! I was going to use my "speech bubble" template that was the PB for the template challenge last month... but, I had to stop because I have to get the template for THIS month done before Carmen comes & spanks me! :p
Old 08-02-2009, 07:59 AM
theStudio Designer

Default rofl!!

oh my gosh toiny! that is an AWESOME story! totally worthy of a scrapbook page! rofl rofl rofl (at the same time i feel your pain for the expense of the contact lenses,...:-( lol awwww.. stuffies... lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Old 08-02-2009, 11:47 AM
theStudio Owner

*SNORT* coffee came out my nose this morning... thanks!

And Mel, that reminds me. This is not my kid, but my girlfriends little girl (1 day older than Tess but 4 when this happened):

They are in church and the priest is getting the sacrament ready. Everyone is prayerful & quiet. And Kelly pipes up, in that beautiful, loud, clear young voice that so easily rises up above everything let alone a quiet voice:

"That man is pouring himself a DRINK"

T

my email
Old 08-02-2009, 04:04 PM
theStudio Party Girl

OMG!!!! so, I go to the supermarket today, with the kids, and while checking out there is this man standing against the back wall. He was covered in soot and wearing construction type clothes.... and my daughter says (she is NOT quiet at all!!!)

"Mommy, that man over there needs to take a BAAATH! Yuck!"

I think I turned about 50 shades of red!
Old 08-02-2009, 07:02 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

These would make great memory pages or brag books to present to them at their high school graduation or on their wedding day. For my oldest daughter I did it for her wedding day and my youngest daughter for her hs graduation. They didn't appreciate it on the spot but they did after.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:43 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Just hit me

My daughter Mara was allmost 3 years old when she was being naughty I I told her to go to her room. So she did. I did not hear from her anymore so at dinnertime I told her she could come down. Then she said: Mommy, sending me to my room is not a good punishment! There I can just play! It works much better if you'd just hit me next time....

So my little girl was telling me how to raise her!!!!!

And she was just two and a bit and very interested in baby's because she just got a baby brother She asked me: baby;s grow in your belly, don't they? So I said yes. Then she said...how do they come out? Through a hole? So I said yes again. Then she asked me: do you have a hole in your belly? So I told her that I was lucky and I didn't need a hole in my belly, because my baby came out through a hole under my belly. That was the end of a difficult conversation, at least...that's what I thought. A week later all of a sudden she said: If baby's come out a through a hole....then how do they get in????
Because she had just turned two I found I had no choice but saying I would explain that to her when she would be a bit older. I have to explain Mara is a very clever girl, so she was very young asking these questions. When I was pregnant with Wessel she was only 18 months old and I was reading her books about how a baby in your belly develops (things like...now the kidneys are developing)

By sharonmin at 2009-06-12