Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2009 > SAS Birthday Bash

SAS Birthday Bash September is Stone Accents Studio Birthday month! Join us for all of our exciting activities, promotions, giveaways, freebies and the Next Designer Contest.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:53 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Unhappy Did I miss something?

or did the 42 people who were first to wish Toiny Happy Birthday a month or more ago not ever get their free kit? Perhaps I missed the announcement but I never got a notification for the free link. So, my question to Toiny is, what's up with the promises that are not kept? Just thought I would ask since no one else seems to have.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:55 AM
theStudio Owner

Red face

Nope, you didn't miss a thing! It was all me. My sincere apologies. I completely forgot to go back & send coupons to about half of you that picked kits later.

I know y'all are tired of hearing it, LOL, but really, truly this tiny hotel and my slow laptop are making the little things difficult.

Check your PM for the coupon code and a big, huge,

SMOOCH!

Toiny

my email
Old 10-19-2009, 10:27 AM
theStudio Warhol

I guess the pm for me got lost in the mail? About the laptop—I just moved and had to switch to a laptop. Takes a bit of getting used to. To say nothing of having to migrate files, install software and hardware.

Last edited by Linda Renee; 10-19-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:57 AM
theStudio Owner

Hmmm I did have you marked off? I'm wondering if I was going too fast & didn't get it through all the way???? Resending now!

As for the laptop... it's almost a Dinosaur. I really can't complain. I got an awesome new system back when I bought SAS but it's still in a moving container, somewhere. I'm very, very happy I have something & can continue to be here and keep SAS running but man do I hate it! It's slow, it has less than half the features, half the software. Urgh.

Smooches,

Toiny

my email
Old 10-19-2009, 11:41 AM
theStudio Warhol

Thanks Toiny, Got it and am downloading.

At least my laptop is fairly new. It had been my mother's and hardly used. So I had some time to migrate files and get it set up before we moved. Still would rather have my desktop (except that I like the widescreen on this laptop). Going to have to get a widescreen monitor someday.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:48 PM
SAS-y Scrapper

Hi Toiny,
I was just about to ask the same question as the ladies before me (I was also among the fortunate 42), but I see you have laptop issues... I totally sympathise, I know what it is like, I'm on maternal leave with my one-year-old kid, and my internet connection at home is SOOOO slow compared to what I'm used to at the university where I teach... I'm going mad with staring at the status bar, waiting for a web page to load for what seems like ages.
Anyway, it looks like my PM also dissipated somewhere in the Matrix, so if things clear out a littlebit, would you be so kind as to resend it to me once again?
Thank you,
szofia
Old 10-23-2009, 06:12 PM
theStudio Owner

Red face

Oooo maternal leave with a one-year-old! Sounds heavenly. I just moved to Germany & the parental leave here is so much better than in the USA. I would almost, almost consider having #7. But no. I am 42 after all, and I do, finally, have two in college. So no. Slightly tempting. But no. Really. No.

Szofia, I forgot you as well. I'm going to come clean. People, I live for sticky notes. I live for notes stuck up on the walls around my computer. I have a HUGE whiteboard I scribble kit ideas on, urgent "to-do's" and I am just not functioning right without my space, with my decrepit laptop and my tiny hotel. I greatly apologize for my scatter-brainedness and my I-think-I-can, I-think-I-can, I-think-I-can.... I.... think... I....

Anyway, thank God for my fabulous Admin Staff and their help! As for you, my sincere apologies and check our PM. Coupon is there.

Smooches,

Toiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by szofia View Post
Hi Toiny,
I was just about to ask the same question as the ladies before me (I was also among the fortunate 42), but I see you have laptop issues... I totally sympathise, I know what it is like, I'm on maternal leave with my one-year-old kid, and my internet connection at home is SOOOO slow compared to what I'm used to at the university where I teach... I'm going mad with staring at the status bar, waiting for a web page to load for what seems like ages.
Anyway, it looks like my PM also dissipated somewhere in the Matrix, so if things clear out a littlebit, would you be so kind as to resend it to me once again?
Thank you,
szofia

my email
Old 10-25-2009, 04:17 PM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggyscraps View Post
I would almost, almost consider having #7.
My mom stopped at 7, lol don't think I'll go past the one I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggyscraps View Post
I have a HUGE whiteboard I scribble kit ideas on, urgent "to-do's"
I'm also a note taker. If it's not on the list it will probable be forgotten or put off for a long time.