Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2009 > Christmas Week Events 2009 > Speed Scrap Chat

Speed Scrap Chat Hosted by Totally Terrific Tracy of AmboWife Designs & Design Queen Darlene of Darlene Haughin Designs. Tune in here for deets & how-to's.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:48 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Guidlines

Hi everyone,We had intended on doing our Speed Scraps in a chat format but since we have no chat room at SAS We thought we could adapt it and do a Speed Scrap of sorts in the Forum.

Here's how a speed scrap works.
The Hostess of the Speed Scrap will post steps on making your layout one at a time over an hour period and you follow the steps then post your result in the Speed Scrap Gallery. This way the steps remain in the thread and anyone can join in at any stage of the speed scrap to play along.

You can ask questions in the thread if you get confused by a step etc. This is where it's usually better in a chat but we'll work it out

To play along, you follow the steps of the speed scrap, post your layout in the speed scrap gallery and post the link to your layout in the speed scrap thread. You usually have the hour of the chat to do your layout, and another hour afterwards to catch up or finish it up and post (that's the speed part LOL)

I hope you will all join me and Darlene and have some fun with this new challenge for the holidays at SAS

Hugs
Tracy

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Last edited by Ambowife Designs; 12-20-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:21 PM
theStudio Picasso

This should be very interesting since I have never done any thing like it before! I have a feeling I am going to regret not having most of my photos tagged or my kits either!!!

Old 12-20-2009, 04:27 PM
theStudio Designer

I am going to be going for basic elements and things that most of you girls should have in your stash. So hopefully you'll be fine Joba

these are a lot of fun in chat rooms so I am praying it will be similar in a forum
Tracy

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 12-20-2009, 05:06 PM
theStudio QC CT

This sounds like a lot of fun. I have never done one either. Guess I won't be able to agonize over every little placement as I am used to.LOL

I love being creative for LightningBug Creations and Ambowife Designs!
Old 12-20-2009, 05:35 PM
theStudio Artist

Will there be a speed scrap at a good time for the european scrappers, too?

Grab my blinkie! Wear it to get RAKd!
Old 12-20-2009, 06:11 PM
theStudio Designer

Honey I am not going to be holding anyone to the time frame. The steps will be posted in the top post of the thread in the forum and you will be able to do it when you are awake LOL. I have missed a lot of chats and things like this cause I am in another country so you can still do it and not have to be up in the wee small hours of the night. Just post your layhout in the gallery and the link in the thread and you will get the prize still Vee

When we do get a chat room and the ability to have the chat part we will definitely have to coordinate times that are okay for everyone, I totally agree there!!

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 12-21-2009, 06:55 PM
theStudio Scribbler

scrappyt just let me know about the scrap, did I read right? We have until Christmas day to post our lo.

What % of product from sas do we need to use?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:04 PM
theStudio Designer

Yes hun because so many members are all over the world this way everyone can play along. This is usually done in a chat in a chat room and you have an hour after the chat to post your page but since we are doing it in the forum I figure, the emphasis being on fun and participation that I would be a bit slacker with the conventional speed scrap rules. I just want you all to play LOL
So yes you have till Christmas day to post it unless you want to limit yourself to the 2 hours. Completely up to you pinkunicorn.

~~ Tracy ~~