Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > About theStudio

About theStudio Learn about our scrappy home on the web, ask a question or grab a blinkie!

Old 01-15-2010, 03:09 PM
theStudio Warhol

Default Trouble logging in

At times I have trouble logging in. It says welcome Jiskefet, and states that I am being redirected, but when the forum opens, I am still not logged in. If I keep trying, I will get in, eventually, but it takes a lot of patience.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:22 PM
theStudio Owner

Hmmm you are the first with this. Have you tried clearing your history/cookies, shutting down & it still happens?

This should not be happening. Let me know if you've done the above & it still happens.

Smooches,

Toiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiskefet View Post
At times I have trouble logging in. It says welcome Jiskefet, and states that I am being redirected, but when the forum opens, I am still not logged in. If I keep trying, I will get in, eventually, but it takes a lot of patience.

my email
Old 01-15-2010, 09:22 PM
theStudio Artist

This sound like the same thing I was experiencing before the move and one of the things I thought was fixed (you know one of the ones that tickled me pink). I always noticed it happening when in the Gallery. I'll poke around a bit now that the gallery is back up and see if it's still happening for me too and report back.

Tootles,
Cindy Lou Who
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 PM
theStudio Designer

That was happening to me too before the move but hasn't happened since we came back online. So fingers crossed it's not the same issue
Thanks Cindy, it will be interesting to know how you go with it

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Old 01-16-2010, 08:40 AM
theStudio Warhol

It was when going from the gallery to the forum, and I could not log onto the forum. Then I logged into the studio and went to the forum from there, and it worked. Haven't had the same trouble since..... So it looks like it works, now...

My main problem now is with the gallery, the galleries do not seem to appear in any logical order when having to select one. But I guess that will sort itself out, too...

Old 01-16-2010, 02:59 PM
theStudio Artist

Ok, here's my report...I've been jumping all around the site using the navigation buttons at the top of the page (forum, news, home, gallery & blogs specifically). Each one opens a new browswer window (I know that's on the to-do list to resolve) but I stayed logged in no matter where I went.
I selected 'log off' then logged back in selecting the box 'remember' password and jumped around again and remained logged in.
I'm using IE7 and don't have too many customized properties on it, so I don't think there's anything special going on.
Jiskefet, a thought may be to check your browser properties to see if there's an option which prevents saving/caching passwords. What browser are you using, that may make a difference in experience as well. If it's different than what I'm using we should try to find someone using the same so they can test too.
Hang in there Jiskefet, it'll all start shaking out gradually day by day as Diego does his magic workign through the to-do list and learning what the user experience is like to make adjustments.
Tootles,
Cindy Lou Who
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-16-2010, 06:27 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiskefet View Post
It was when going from the gallery to the forum, and I could not log onto the forum. Then I logged into the studio and went to the forum from there, and it worked. Haven't had the same trouble since..... So it looks like it works, now...

My main problem now is with the gallery, the galleries do not seem to appear in any logical order when having to select one. But I guess that will sort itself out, too...

Anja this is on Diego's mile long to do list too LOL. Poor Dear!
The designers noticed this too and it's being sorted.

I use firefox and had those log in issues before the move but no problems since the move. Just for another perspective
Thanks Cindy for reporting back hun!

hugs
Tracy

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 01-16-2010, 08:49 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Default Logged In

Yeah - I logged in ok and have changed my file I download to and keep up with you - I have to remember to look for your aka for awhile

Photomama
Old 01-17-2010, 04:06 PM
theStudio Warhol

It keeps working fine, now, I even stay logged in now when opening the forum from the gallery. Before, I had to log in again whenever I opened a new window, and it would not always work.
I did not change any settings on my computer, and I tried it on 2 laptops and an ordinary pc, and they all work OK, now.

I have a new OS on my laptop, Vista drove me bonkers, so we installed windows 7. I am not used to internetting from my laptop, because of my problems with vista, so maybe I have been messing things up, myself... I know that my laptop does not save passwords, but that is intentional. I don't want other people to be able to log in under my account. But as long as I do not log out, I am supposed to stay logged in...

Anyway, it works fine, now.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:34 PM
theStudio Designer

So glad it is all working fine now Anja, I know it's really wierd isn't it. Gremlins in the web again. Or maybe a setting Diego was changing at the time. But glad it's behaving itself now hun.
Hugs

~~ Tracy ~~