Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2010 > theStudio Birthday Bash > Scavenger Hunt

Scavenger Hunt Led by the terrible twosome of Carmen (LightningBug Creations) and Maurine (Let me Scrapbook)!

Old 09-12-2010, 09:04 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: CLUES FOR SCAVENGER HUNT!!!!

No need to feel silly -- if I didn't have the answer sheet, I'd probably still be stuck on clue #1! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccasue View Post
Thank you Maurine. Do I feel silly. Found them all.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:44 AM
theStudio Picasso

I cut and pasted the list and found all but two on the first day, hoping to be in line for the extra prize. Ah, but then real life gets involved and I have to wait to find the other two. Found them right away this morning! I sent my list to the email.

GREAT challenge! FUN!!

Old 09-12-2010, 04:05 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Smile Re: CLUES FOR SCAVENGER HUNT!!!!

Hello! I just emailed you my answers...Thank you for a fun hunt! I hope you have some more at a later date...

Ann
Old 09-12-2010, 04:49 PM
theStudio QC CT

I need help with 24 and 28. I must be dense or something, but all the hints given so far for 24 haven't worked for me. And I don't think anyone else had a problem with 28. Maybe it's cause I haven't been to the seashore for many many years. LOL
Help please.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:29 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbwire View Post
I need help with 24 and 28. I must be dense or something, but all the hints given so far for 24 haven't worked for me. And I don't think anyone else had a problem with 28. Maybe it's cause I haven't been to the seashore for many many years. LOL
Help please.
Barb: #24 - synomyn for pretty for first word
#28 - first word ____ blanket bingo
Old 09-13-2010, 12:27 AM
theStudio QC CT

Thanks..that got me 28 after doing a google search. Never heard of that movie before. LOL What's strange is that I ran that word earlier in the search and that specific kit did not come up. The search feature can be funky somedays.
But still lost on 24..I have ran every synomyn for pretty that the online thesaurus had and nothing can be found in the store to match.
I know I'm going to kick myself when I finally find it. It may be the second word that's causing the problem...who knows.
I'm waving a white flag now.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:29 AM
theStudio Designer

Let's see if this helps for the part of the clue that is another word for when a flower "opens up."

Do you know the last name of a movie actor (pirate) whose first name is Orlando?

Quote:
Thanks..that got me 28 after doing a google search. Never heard of that movie before. LOL What's strange is that I ran that word earlier in the search and that specific kit did not come up. The search feature can be funky somedays.
But still lost on 24..I have ran every synomyn for pretty that the online thesaurus had and nothing can be found in the store to match.
I know I'm going to kick myself when I finally find it. It may be the second word that's causing the problem...who knows.
I'm waving a white flag now.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:23 PM
theStudio QC CT

I told you I was going to kick my butt when I finally got it. LOL
But you know what?? I ran both those words repeatedly the other day and got nada for results. It was almost like the search engine was taking a break. I did question it, cause either word should have brought up many many hits.
But alls well that ends well. Thank you so much Maurine for helping me so that I tried running that word again today while the search engine was actually working. LOL
The hunt was fun except for those last two clues. And that was cause of my foggy brain. LOL
Old 09-13-2010, 07:27 PM
theStudio Designer

I've been in the same boat on other scavenger hunts, and it seems the harder I try, the less success I have! Glad you got it! : )

Quote:
I told you I was going to kick my butt when I finally got it. LOL
But you know what?? I ran both those words repeatedly the other day and got nada for results. It was almost like the search engine was taking a break. I did question it, cause either word should have brought up many many hits.
But alls well that ends well. Thank you so much Maurine for helping me so that I tried running that word again today while the search engine was actually working. LOL
The hunt was fun except for those last two clues. And that was cause of my foggy brain. LOL

Old 09-14-2010, 07:35 PM
theStudio Scrapper

This was fun! Some of these had me stumped but then I checked the hints and eventually found them all. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:48 PM
theStudio Artist

Not sure if I'll have time for this, being a truck driver and have to have internet to do; but gonna give it a try.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:37 PM
theStudio Artist

Well got a late start but with the help of everyone's questions and your great hints I think I got it. I hope I got'em all right. Link is on its way.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:29 PM
theStudio Warhol

I haven't read through all the posts yet to see if anyone else noticed this, but the Campers & Hunters Muffin Girl is NOT in the right places!! I'm dyin' here, checking all the obvious places... Sunday in the Park, Medieval Times, Woodland Fairies, Wishing & Waiting... OK, that's more just hunting. But you get the picture!!! ROFLMBO I need to go to bed.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:35 PM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoolady View Post
Oh Pam, thanks for feeling bad for me! I was just so dead set on making a "word" that I couldn't see the forest for the trees! I even asked my 11 year old for help (he had none - go figure!), but he did tell me on the one about where you go to make out with your hunny that if I could just wait until he was 20 he'd be able to help me with that one! (not sure if I should feel good about that or not!)
I tried all those words too! Two days even, thinking maybe they'd been forgotten or there was a malfunction
Old 09-18-2010, 11:53 PM
theStudio Warhol

Yea!! After many more perfectly good candidates for #5, I think I found the one the clue-maker was looking for I sent my list again. Thanks for the good time ladies!
Old 09-19-2010, 03:35 PM
theStudio Designer

Hi, everyone. Thanks to all of you who are participating in this hunt -- it's been fun to see some familiar names in our "answer inbox" as well as some new faces!

As of today, we have sent the download link to everyone who has given all the correct answers. If you haven't received the link and think you should have, send an e-mail message to us at answers@digitalscrapbookingstudio.com and we'll follow-up with you.

Hope you're having a great time with all the birthday bash challenges and collecting all the great kits not only from those challenges, but also from the talented designers competing this year.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:49 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

also when we recieve the 30 prize links from toiny we will email them to you!!!xoxo
Old 09-20-2010, 12:57 PM
theStudio Artist

Ok I really need a hint for #3 I tried everything and I also read thou all these posts. I guess I never been involved with fishing, everyone knows this one but me!!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:10 PM
theStudio CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethussie View Post
Ok I really need a hint for #3 I tried everything and I also read thou all these posts. I guess I never been involved with fishing, everyone knows this one but me!!
ok, I'm gonna try to give ya a clue without giving it away. Surely you know fisherman who talk all the time about the giant fish they caught, but what about the one's they didn't?
I hope that is vague enough, yet will give you a better clue.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:44 PM
theStudio Artist

Thank you so much for the hint, I feel so dauh, LOL. The updated link is on the way.