Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2010 > theStudio Birthday Bash > Hybrid Challenge

Hybrid Challenge led by the scraptastic Michelle of Shelly Marie Scraps

Old 09-07-2010, 11:59 PM
theStudio Monet

Default My Story Minibook Day FIVE

There's still time for those of you wanting to catch up and do this challenge, sign up to get your coupon for the templates, here.

For Day Five of this hybrid minibook project, finish up all pages you are doing for it. And...

Print out your pages! Yay! If you want your book to be more glossy, use picture paper, but if you want it to be more vintage, use cardstock.

I used cardstock for mine. I love the vintage look it gives the pages. Carefully cut out all the pages and put them in order for your book.

I'll try to take a picture and post it, but we've had sick kids here including a sick Mommy so it may have to wait until tomorrow.

I am LOVING all your pages! I want to go leave some love before I head to bed. They are all just so awesome! Aren't you just loving them?

Old 09-08-2010, 01:38 AM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: My Story Minibook Day FIVE

A picture would be great when you feel better. I've been sick for a week also with bad wet cold and cough; was hard to see the computer screen through tears of a cold. But I wanted to do this project even though I'm not much of a hybrid scrapper except for making cards and calendars. Have had some questions in my mind as to whether we leave these pages separate or do we glue them back to back or something? If using photo paper, I would expect they would need the added bulk of gluing that to cardstock. I thought also since the templates were psd files, we could turn off all the layers except the actual page shapes, apply papers, and then print to get decorated backs to glue the photo paper pages to. Am I making any sense? I'm a night-owl by nature, but sometimes I should be in bed because I stop making sense at a certain hour. Teehee! I enjoyed this project and will use your templates again and again. It's a very good creation, and I thank you for sharing it with us during the Birthday Bash! Hugs!! Oh, by the way, I can see from your book where you get that big pretty smile from!

Old 09-09-2010, 01:33 AM
theStudio Monet

Great ideas with the background paper. I used cardstock for mine. And I really like how they turned out. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of them yet with all we had going today. And they are not glued yet either.

They will be glued back to back so that will make them stronger, but if you use photo paper, I would think you'd want at least one layer of cardstock in between the pictures.

Oh and thanks for your compliment on my smile It's funny as I was growing up how everyone told us I looked like my dad, probably because I had such dark hair, but when I got in my twenties, and we compared pictures of my mom when she was that age, we looked a lot a like. And now everyone says I definitely take after my mother over my father. Either way, it's fine to me cause they're both pretty attractive people.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:46 PM
theStudio Monet

Got mine all cut out.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:29 AM
theStudio Warhol

Here is my Day 5
Old 09-19-2010, 08:12 AM
theStudio Picasso

My day 5-6; http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...y_pg5-6_SM.jpg
Old 09-30-2010, 10:25 PM
theStudio Warhol

I am not going to be able to print mine right now, my printer is very low on colored ink and since DH is out of work I really shouldn't spend the money to have them printed or to buy new ink. Hopefully he'll hear something soon and I can get it done before Christmas.