Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2010 > theStudio Birthday Bash > theStudio Layout Artist Competition

theStudio Layout Artist Competition Join in this competition to find the next Studio Creative Team Members

Old 09-26-2010, 09:09 AM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: WEEK 4 ASSIGNMENT

Here is my entry for week 4. I used the wonderful kit by Julie C. titled “Tears on my pillow” It is a tribute, a semi shadow box, for my Mom.
The link for the kit is here- http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...oducts_id=4449

I used 5 of the papers, 4 cropped or resized, and the lace, turned and resized, to form a border. Otherwise it was just resizing, adding the letters to the tag, and shadows. The hardest part was trying to decide what not to use as this is a great kit, in my Mom’s favorite colors. She’s long gone now, and there are always tears on my pillow when I think of her, but this picture is from the late 60’s when she looked much better than at 82 when she left me.Some of the distance in the shadows may not be consistent because of the shadowbox I was trying to achieve. Thank you, Julie C. for the privilege of letting us use your great kit.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...r-com&cat=1154

This was fun. Hopefully it is worth but if not, I have enjoyed myself, though this week has been extremely busy in my life and I'm a bit late getting posted. Best wishes and good luck to all.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:11 PM
theStudio Warhol

Location: In the Berkshires, with my wonderful Husband and THE PRINCESS, our last child in the nest.

Here's my entry, "I Feel Pretty":
Old 09-26-2010, 03:33 PM
theStudio Designer

Fabulous job ladies not long now till the voting begins! Just another 7 1/2 hours to go LOL

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Old 09-26-2010, 03:36 PM
theStudio CT

I think I've lost my scrapping mojo - too much going on with the kids back in school.
Here is my "play along" for week 4.
I love this picture of my daughter, but the quality of the color photo wasn't the best and was a little too dark. I like the way it turned out with the black and white photo.
Best of luck to the final grounp as week 4 closes.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...blooms&cat=all

http://atimeforscraps.blogspot.com/
Old 09-26-2010, 04:02 PM
theStudio Designer

I really like that photo too, it's a shame the color version is too dark for you hun, are you using a program that allows you to play with the levels??
In photoshop you can go to Image>adjustments>levels and play with the sliders to get it lighter, when you take a photo the histogram should be like a mountain, the dark is on the left and the light is on the right, the sliders for each should be right at the edge of the mountain, this is how I adjust the light in my photos when they turn out to dark.

Another way is to add a duplicate layer of the image and put the blend mode on screen and then play with the opacity or fill till it looks how you want it.

hope that helps some hun
But it still looks fabulous with the greyscale version too

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 09-26-2010, 05:52 PM
theStudio Picasso

Love the kit, but this week was more of a challenge as I just couldn't find a picture that I really wanted to use and did not want to use a stock photo. Finally choose one of Alexa from this years dance recital. Titled the layout Ballet Dreams

Elements have been resized and shadows added
Changes made erased bits of flourishes to fit as needed, duplicated curtains and used overlay blend to make them easier to see.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 PM
theStudio Artist

What an awesome kit to work with! I love the colors, the huge variety of embies, everything! Thank you Julie for letting us use this gorgeous kit. Here is my layout:

Old 09-26-2010, 09:19 PM
theStudio Designer

OH now it's getting exciting, under 2 hours to go before the poll goes up. Good luck everyone

only one left to post
Starlight-Princess!!! where are you hun??

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 09-27-2010, 10:26 AM
theStudio Party Girl

I'm late... I'm late... I should have been a Rabbit instead of a Katt....

Here's my play-along... I'm in agreement with Barb: I think my mojo is taking a looooonnnnggggg break, I hope it's well rested to start this photobook I need to get done in... oh... two weeks!!! :eek:

All-in-all, I didn't do this kit justice, it's so beautiful! But, here's my attempt anyway!