Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2010 > theStudio Birthday Bash > theStudio Layout Artist Competition

theStudio Layout Artist Competition Join in this competition to find the next Studio Creative Team Members

Old 09-28-2010, 11:39 PM
theStudio Designer

Default ***FINALS***

Well here we are at our final week for the Layout Artist's competition, I hope you have all had fun during this contest, I know Jeanette and I have loved hosting it
Though the votes have been really tough, you are all so great at digiscrapping

So for our FINALS, our 16 Contestants will be working with our September Mega Kit OLD SCHOOL, when you receive your coupon you can grab it from the store HERE The theme is - Heritage/vintage

You should all know the rules by now but I will still pop them at the bottom of this thread for you to refer to.

This week ONLY the DESIGN TEAM and ADMIN will vote in our private forum. So you won't be biting your nails watching the poll. And you won't have to advertise or promote yourself. You can relax once you have posted your layout.

Create a SINGLE 12X12 LAYOUT using as much of the kit as you can to promote it as much as possible, whilst still keeping your page, including shadows and layers, BALANCED AND EYECATCHING.

By Shadows I mean they should be consistent, all in the same direction and relative to the distance off the page that particular element or paper is.

Your layout should be resized to 600 x 600 pixels before uploading to the gallery, otherwise your layout will get stuck in the queue.

In this round you must:

* post a link to the kit in your description and you must credit the designer and kit

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...oducts_id=5559

* mention any changes besides adding shadows. so if you added a bevel or glow or cropped anything you must say so in the description area when you post your page.
* Post your layout in the Week 5 Gallery and also the MEGA KITS gallery (September Mega - Old School) then post the (week 5 gallery) url link from the address bar here in this thread so that we know you have posted and can go leave you some love.
* If you have a legitimate problem getting your layout up on time, ie computer issue or internet connection problem or a studio upload based problem, let us know BEFORE THE DEADLINE BY PM MESSAGE and we may make an exception, otherwise all pages must be uploaded by the deadline.

Once you have uploaded your 'official' entry for the week you are not to edit it in any way once it's been uploaded to the gallery.

You can do as many layouts as you wish but doing more than one layout will also mean any votes you get will be for the layout not for you as a contestant, so keep that in mind. More layouts may mean less votes for you in the poll in the long run.

POST DEADLINE : MIDNIGHT EST Sunday 3rd October September

POST YOUR LAYOUT IN THE LAYOUT ARTIST COMPETITION WEEK 5 GALLERY.

POLL FOR VOTING : will go up in a separate thread just after MIDNIGHT EST SUNDAY NIGHT IN THE PRIVATE AREA - YOU WON'T SEE IT

POLLING CLOSES : Midnight est on Tuesday 5th October

Results will be posted in the forum on Wednesday 6th October.
We have a shutterfly photobook voucher for the winner plus the top 3 will get a position on the Studio Store Creative Team.

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer ~ QC Liason

Old 09-29-2010, 12:44 AM
theStudio CT

Default Re: ***FINALS***

Good luck to all of you and have fun with this fabulous kit. Can't wait to see what you create!!

Creative for
The Studio, Feli Designs, Berna Datema, Joelle Designs, Crowabout StudioB, Marta van Eck, Studio Manu, Rucola Designs, Pinklotty Designs

Old 09-29-2010, 01:15 AM
theStudio QC CT

I bet no one can use all the papers and elements on one layout this time. This kit is humungous and stupendous.
*off to brainstorm for a layout to play along with*
Old 09-29-2010, 03:57 AM
theStudio Warhol

This is the best school kit EVER ---I am so excited! I am just hoping my LO turns out ok, 'cause my Mother in law is coming to visit us from US next week, so i've got a lot to get, um, ready? In addition to our homeschool - gonna be a busy week!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:13 AM
theStudio CT

First of all, you and Jeanette, have done an amazing job! Thank you so very, very much for all you both have done!

AMAZING kit! A totaly fantastic school kit!

Lots and lots of luck to all! This I am sure will be an even more heart pounding week. I am so looking forward to watching the gallery.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:56 AM
theStudio CT

Awesome kit! Thanks! Thanks also to everyone hosting this contest!! Goodluck again to all the contestants.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:02 AM
theStudio Warhol

Thanks so much for hosting this contest. I have had a wonderful time. This is a fantastic kit and I can't wait to see what I can come up with. Good luck ladies!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:12 AM
theStudio Warhol

Location: In the Berkshires, with my wonderful Husband and THE PRINCESS, our last child in the nest.

Well, Miss Designer Judges, I think it's time to pull out this one from last year again...

...not that I would resort to bribery, or anything...
Old 09-29-2010, 07:25 AM
theStudio Artist

I appreciate even making it this far - and even if I don't win, I have 5 wonderful kits! When checking out, though, it kept putting Goodnight Sleepyhead as a free gift in my cart, despite my trying to delete it out. It is the free gift for spending more than $5, but it still didn't delete it out after using the coupon code. So we have 6 wonderful kits to play with forever????
Old 09-29-2010, 08:16 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Thanks for bringing that up, Becky! I noticed that, too, and was just about to ask Toiny/Tracy if that was supposed to happen?!

Tammara - that is just too funny!! I know Jeanette is swayed by sweets, but I'm not too sure about Tracy... she's a stickler for rules, you know!! Oh, but Tracy is a big softie at heart ... Jeanette is the one that carries the whip around with her!!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:29 AM
theStudio Picasso

I am very happy to have made it thru, it has been so much fun to see what everyone has done with the same kit and all the different interpretations. The store did the same with me, added the free kit for spending more than $5 and then still kept it there after I put the coupon in. Off to brainstorm about this last challenge LO!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:36 AM
theStudio Artist

I made it.. It is a miracle.. 1 year ago, i would never have made it past the first round!

This is an interesting challenge!! Can I scrap with the free kit instead... Just kidding... Off to brainstorm, probably will get my layout in at the last minute again!

TJ

Old 09-29-2010, 03:02 PM
the Studio - Designer

Did I hear *Chocolate* mentioned somewhere around here .....
Old 09-29-2010, 05:19 PM
theStudio Designer

Well there's no way to tell zencart not to let you all have the free kit as far as I know so Yes I guess you all have 6 free kits out of this, and Tammara and Kim I am totally a chocoholic I just try to keep it quiet rofl My hips are a dead giveaway though LOL

Thank you ladies for the lovely comments

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 09-29-2010, 08:16 PM
theStudio Artist

Can we use a premade action or style to age our photos?? Appropriately credited of course.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:04 AM
theStudio Designer

Of course you can do what ever you like to your photos Tammara, since they aren't part of the kit and you aren't using any other kit's elements or papers. Does that make sense??

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 09-30-2010, 04:40 PM
theStudio CT

What a HUGE kit! I so wanted to try to get as many of the elements in as I could. There is just no way, not even half.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...school&cat=all
Old 09-30-2010, 05:01 PM
the Studio - Designer

Woo Hoo!!!! and we're off with our first layout! I was beginning to think no-one got the coupon code??? ha ha ha rofl
Old 09-30-2010, 05:39 PM
theStudio Designer

Okay yes we know with a mega kit you can't use every piece in one layout, but it's as challenge getting as much as you can into it and still keeping it balanced I'll bet!!! Off to see the first layout, woo hoo, we're on the home straight!!

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 09-30-2010, 07:08 PM
theStudio CT

Here's mine, thanks for all the cute kits this month!!!
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-mediu&cat=all

Click to visit my blog: