Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2010 > theStudio Birthday Bash > theStudio Layout Artist Competition

theStudio Layout Artist Competition Join in this competition to find the next Studio Creative Team Members

Old 10-03-2010, 12:12 AM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: ***FINALS***

Wow - 197 layers. I think my computer would have died a slow, ugly death with all that!

Anyway, when I started looking at everything in this kit (there were almost too many choices!), I got a vintage feel from some pieces and then a more contemporary primary color feel from others. I tried to figure out a way to incorporate both into one layout and came up with the "old meets new" idea. The left side of the layout has more of the vintage colors and elements and the right has more of the primary. I tried to make it noticable but not too obvious. I know... I was really overthinking this......

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...s-new&cat=1155

I've had a great time working with each of the kits we've been given. Thanks so much for all your time, energy and effort and letting me participate!
Old 10-03-2010, 05:47 AM
theStudio Designer

Super job this week so far ladies, I don't know what you are all worrying about, the pages all look fabulous to me!! At least now you can relax, it's all in the hands of the designers now LOL

Sorry Jeanette, was that your whip!!! hee hee!!

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Old 10-03-2010, 07:26 AM
theStudio CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbwire View Post
I don't think I'm going to manage to make a layout to play along this time. Just too much going on here. My daughter and grandaughter are here for the weekend, my computer is acting up, and Tracy started to crack the whip again. :eek: But I will find the time to come cheer for everyone.

(Just kidding about Tracy..she's a sweetie at heart. )
Enjoy your company! I am sure your granddaughter is getting lots of spoils. I hope nothing is serious with your computer. That just stinks.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:32 AM
theStudio CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsybelle View Post
I'm loving the layouts I'm seeing in the Gallery already ladies, you are all so very talented
I so agree! Marvelous creations, everyone! I have so enjoyed checking out the gallery (at least) every morning, early afternoon, and evening. This has been such a wonderful opportunity. I had such a blast this month. I can not believe we have come to the end. I am so glad I do not have to vote this time. The voting is just so, so tough. This round, the hardest yet. I would want to vote everyone through.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:52 PM
theStudio Artist

This is a awesome kit! And been looking for a school kit for a while! I have had so much fun in this Competition! I think I finished this layout in record time!! Just shows ya how awesome the kit is!! Did scrap my first attempt but knew in a matter of 15min. that it wasn't going to work and go another route and it just clicked all together!!
Hats off to all you ladies that used all the elements!! I tried but just couldn't.
Thank all you ladies for making a wonderful kit, and thank everyone one for their awesome comments during the competition.
ok ok here is my layout and link!

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-past&cat=1155
Old 10-03-2010, 04:51 PM
theStudio QC CT

Yippee. I found the time to create a layout after all.
Here it is:

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...hp?photo=66638
Old 10-03-2010, 06:17 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Here is mine. I enjoyed playing with this kit. This is my granddaughter's first day of first grade. All I could think of while I was doing this was the Veggie Tales song that the kids on the bus sang during the movie Jonah! The only problem was that these were the only words I could remember! lol
Just noticed a misspelling, must go correct.

http://triciagarrett.blogspot.com
Old 10-03-2010, 07:02 PM
theStudio Picasso

To all of the designers who worked on this huge School Mega Kit. it is a wonderful kit and so much is so good its hard to show it all. Thank you for letting me play. I have enjoyed it. Looking at some already posted I feel very humble. This is a fantastic kit and hard to do it justice. Here is the link to my post.http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...t-gra&cat=1156

Best wishes to all you are competing and thank you to all who worked to bring it about, especially Jeanette. Thank you for your patience!

Karen aka Rabbitrun
Old 10-03-2010, 07:10 PM
theStudio Artist

Ugh! Got to make my self go to bed, why do I keep looking??? Lol So excited to see who makes it!! Been like this every time we did layouts drove my family crazy! So tickled to have made it this far!! You ladies helped me get my scrapbooking bug back!! LOL Know I am working on all kinds of pages and having fun and enjoying it!!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:16 PM
theStudio Designer

Off to the gallery I go, what wonderful pages ladies It's going to be very tough for the Designers and team to vote!!

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 10-03-2010, 07:37 PM
theStudio Designer

well that's great hun that you got your mojo back

we are only waiting on three more pages from Jacque@RestoredElegance and dweber and violethare,
3 hours and 20 minutes to post ladies

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 10-03-2010, 09:42 PM
theStudio Artist

Sorry for the delay....I was out of town this weekend. Here is my LO for this week. Thanks so much Tracy and Jeanette for hosting and all the designers who allowed us to use your kits for this competition. I don't envy all of you who have to make the choice. The gallery again this week if full of such wonder LOs. Everyone has done a fantastic job! Good luck to everyone and thanks so much for letting me be a part of this competition. Can't wait to see who the winners are!

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...udent&cat=1155

Old 10-03-2010, 10:15 PM
theStudio Designer

Great job, Only 45 minutes to go, getting exciting now LOL

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 10-03-2010, 10:56 PM
the Studio - Designer

Oh my ... I can't believe we have almost finished! What a great contest this has been all the way through Now you know the most difficult job is voting on the winners

You've all done a fantastic job
Old 10-03-2010, 11:00 PM
theStudio Designer

Okay time's up ladies, I'm off to post the poll, good luck everyone

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
theStudio Picasso

I don't have 12 on my clock 11:55, I just PM'd you -- computer has been locked up and am just now able to post to the gallery and write up my notes.

(was not able to see time on site -- just clock at home)
Old 10-03-2010, 11:03 PM
theStudio Designer

Just letting you all know I got a PM from Violethare so she will be posting her layout asap, we did say if you contacted us we'd make allowances for computer issues, so yeah, just being open about it!

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 10-03-2010, 11:23 PM
theStudio Picasso

Whew, thankfully I caught Ambowife, my computer had froze up, but my layout is in now -- Schools End 2010, to find out the meaning behind the layout, please read the decription in the gallery.

Duplicated green circle paper and on 1 layer just left the ABC,123 circles(deleted rest of paper) then adjusted opacity on other layer so the ABC,123 would stand out
Erased parts of scissors to "cut" paper and to have the crayon going thru one of the hadles
Erased part of the pencil so it looked like it was in the spiral of the notebook
Erased part of safety pin on tag to go thru the paper
Added white outside stroke to apple and schoolhouse placed on tag to make them look like stickers
Added outside stroke to corkboard
Owl had been duplicated w/multiply blend on top layer to make it bolder
Erased part of the crayone border so that is behind some objects
Erased link chain and jump ring from the words--school days, seperated them, deleted the "s' from days and used as word art in my title
duplicated the stars, erased the string loop on them, used satin and out glow to make look more like they were golden stickers on the paper
Old 10-03-2010, 11:37 PM
theStudio Artist

i was going to post this earlier and time got away which is all it has done lately. i did not complete the challenge and have had to drop out and i apologize for delaying anyone. some major things came up that have filled my schedule so that i would not be able to perform my duties if by some miracle i won (and i didn't think i'd get this far so i got worried LOL) also i have a major muscle tear in my shoulder and am on heavy duty meds which makes it worse.

again i'm sorry for not saying something sooner. good luck to all the talented ladies who have made it this far

thanks to all those who voted for me along the way and the wonderful people here at the studio who have worked their tales of for all of us. my hats off to u

All my stress comes from people NOT playing the game of life by MY rules!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:40 PM
theStudio Designer

No worries Jacque, just hope everything is okay hun, and that you take care of that shoulder too hun thanks for letting us know, It's daytime here in Aussieland so you weren't really delaying either of us

hugs
Tracy

~~ Tracy ~~