Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges 2011 > Recipe Card Challenge (through Jan. 2012)

Recipe Card Challenge (through Jan. 2012) Looking for some new recipes to add to your menu? Then join us in the monthly recipe card challenge hosted by Maurine of Let Me Scrapbook! All participants will receive all of the cards created that month. Recipe cards can be uploaded to Recipe Card Challenge Gallery.

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 07:05 PM
theStudio Designer

Default November 2010 Recipe Card Challenge

Starter kit and instructions coming soon -- while you're waiting, be gathering your favorite Thanksgiving recipes so you'll be ready to go! : )

NOTE: For the last month, my life has been consumed with a major office move at work, and I've had very little time to do fun stuff - like get November's starter kit ready. Give me a few days and we'll be ready to go...

Nov. 5, 2010: Thanks so much for your patience -- I hope you're now ready to play along! Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's starter kit. If you participated last month, I'll e-mail you a coupon code so you get it for free. Please use this kit (or papers/elements you design in the same color palette) so the cards will "coordinate" and to ensure we don't violate other designers' TOU.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is recipes for Thanksgiving or other family gatherings. Think main or side dishes, salads, pies and desserts, appetizers ~ anything goes! If you need different tags, send me an e-mail and I'll make them for you. I loved how you used last month's clipart characters on your cards and decided to include some again this month. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

3. Design your recipe card(s) however you'd like. Include your name, forum name, e-mail address ~ whatever you want ~ on the card.

4. Create your original card at 6" wide X 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels) and save it as a 300 ppi jpeg, quality of 10. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. You will also need to resize your card at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to [email protected] so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Several participants have asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great! As a bonus for November, you'll get 5 store points for your blank card(s).

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. You only need to upload your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards.

3. Post a link here in this forum thread no later than November 30 so we can leave you some love and so you'll be eligible for your store points.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive your points and a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

Reminder about POINTS EARNED for completing this challenge:
• You'll earn 10 points for the first recipe card and 5 points for each additional card.
• If you complete all theStudio challenges this month, you'll earn a 100 point BONUS.
• 100 points = $1 to the store.
• Points may be redeemed at any time. PM Toiny or any Admin at the Studio.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 01-06-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:56 AM
theStudio CT

Default Re: November 2010 Recipe Card Challenge

take your time, Maurine, we will be waiting!

Old 11-02-2010, 11:33 AM
theStudio CT

We definitely understand...all of us have private lives and that should always take preference. LOVE your monthly recipe challenge and, again, THANKS for doing it.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:31 PM
theStudio Designer

We'll wait on you for goodness sakes! and knowing the theme will help us all get prepared...off to the recipe box for the kids' fav holiday casserole recipes!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:13 PM
theStudio Artist

No hurry, have been watching for
Old 11-02-2010, 07:19 PM
theStudio QC CT

Take your time, we'll be here. It will give me time to look for recipes now that we know the theme.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:24 PM
theStudio Designer

Thanks, friends -- you're the best! I think I'm taking Friday off work so I can get the starter kit finished. Stay tuned...

Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM
theStudio Scribbler

From the Piggy Re: November 2010 Recipe Card Challenge

No worries, life gets busy for us all. Take your time, it's suppose to be fun and we definately do not want it not to be!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:49 PM
theStudio Artist

I'm looking forward to it!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:00 PM
theStudio Picasso

Take your time. We all understand that life comes first.

Stand for something.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:43 PM
theStudio Picasso

I'm waiting for your lovely starter kit also.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:40 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Can't wait. I'm in after a few months off. Sometimes life is just toooo busy!!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:53 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Hi Maurine!

Newbie as I am, I might have missed something...but I never recived the coupon for the kit. Is there something I must do? Something I forgot?

It's a lovely kit, can't wait to get started. Although we do not celebrate Thanksgiving in Sweden, I'll try to find some goodies on the net.

Thanks
Linda
Old 11-06-2010, 12:55 AM
theStudio Designer

Hi, Linda (and others): I just sent the coupon code to everyone who participated in the October challenge -- should be in your inbox now. If any of you don't receive it, send me an e-mail message to make sure I have the correct address for you.

I'll send the download links for the October cards this weekend. And now, I'm going to bed! It's past midnight and I'm worn out! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorei View Post
Hi Maurine!

Newbie as I am, I might have missed something...but I never recived the coupon for the kit. Is there something I must do? Something I forgot?

It's a lovely kit, can't wait to get started. Although we do not celebrate Thanksgiving in Sweden, I'll try to find some goodies on the net.

Thanks
Linda

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 11-06-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:53 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine Stettler View Post
Hi, Linda (and others): I just sent the coupon code to everyone who participated in the October challenge -- should be in your inbox now. If any of you don't receive it, send me an e-mail message to make sure I have the correct address for you.

I'll send the download links for the October cards this weekend. And now, I'm going to bed! It's past midnight and I'm worn out! : )
Oh, great! I'll go check at once.

And I'm so sorry, I just didn't think of the time! LOL It's in the middle of the night with you, here it's early morning. Have a good nights sleep.

// Linda
Old 11-06-2010, 05:14 AM
theStudio Picasso

Here's mine:
Old 11-06-2010, 12:54 PM
theStudio CT

Here's my recipe for November. Thanks Maurine for another awesome card kit, I love them! My recipe is not very 'original', but our Thanksgiving menu hasn't changed much in many, many years!

Sweet Potato Casserole

Old 11-06-2010, 02:00 PM
theStudio Designer

I'm so impressed to see cards already done and in the gallery ~ great job, ladies!

Quick update on the October cards: I have been working on getting them out of my inbox, organized onto my spreadsheet, and ready for downloading since 7:00 am this morning. So far, there are 54 recipe cards and 46 blanks, and I'm loving seeing the great designs and reading the recipes! They sound wonderful! You all did a fantastic job and have given me so many new recipes to try. Thanks for your participation and support!

UPDATE: Ta-da! The download links for the October cards have been sent to all participants. Can't wait to see all the great November cards...

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 11-07-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:01 PM
theStudio CT

At every family dinner/ get together we have ever had, someone always asked Aunt Alice for her Pineapple and Rice. I hope your family enjoys it like our family has for as long as I can remember.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:53 PM
theStudio CT

Closed Thread