Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived General > Learning Center and Software Solutions > Newbie Frequently Asked Questions

Old 10-08-2007, 07:34 PM
theStudio Warhol

Default PSE

Does anyone use PSE4? Any suggestions on tutorials would be greatly appreciated. I've just recently gotten it from a store online that sells used software and it looks so much different than my beloved PSPX. I am also curious about what "actions" are and what they are used for? Thanks for any and all help!

Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 AM
SAS-y Pearl

I've used Photoshop products for years and I LOVE them. There is a higher learning curve, especially if you are used to a different product. But you can do so much more with Photoshop than with practically any other program out there. Here is a site that I found that has a lot of tutorials and good information about Elements. As for actions, they are basically scripts that allow you to make items or create effects with a touch of one button. Adobe Exchange is full of free actions that do different effects. I use actions all the time to cut down on the amount of time it takes to make an item. You can also make your own actions as you become more accustomed to the program. I hope this helps a bit and good luck!!
Old 10-09-2007, 04:47 AM
November SAS-y Princess

I use PhotoShop CS3, love photoshop, for scrapping. And recently I started using Lightroom for most of my photo editing.

For actions, my favorite site is panosfx. It's got some amazing actions, very usefull for digiscrapping.

My SAS Gallery
My blog with lots of freebies

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live"
Douglas Adams

Old 10-09-2007, 08:20 AM
SAS-y Diamond

Here is a direct link for the PSE4 Learning Center videos at the site that Lisa mentioned. This site is THE best for learning PSE!!!

Janalyn's Place Blog
Old 10-09-2007, 04:11 PM
theStudio Warhol

Awesome recommendations ladies and I thank you so very much for your help and input. Off I go to a world yet unexplored my me, a world that you know as PhotoShop!