Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived General > Learning Center and Software Solutions > Newbie Frequently Asked Questions

Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 AM
theStudio Party Girl

I've always deleted those types of files, because someone, somewhere had it posted on her blog that they are for the programs she used to organize her stuff... I also delete the "No Piracy" images, and the graphic TOU's if they have a text format included also... and, if I have a folder set up for a specific designer, I usually will only keep one copy of the TOU, and delete the duplicates that come with each kit... I will also rename files, which I know most designers consider a BIG NO-NO, but hear me out... I would rather rename a file that says "BG1" to "Designer Name-Kit Name-BG1" so that if the files ever get separated from the kit folder, I know where that element belongs! Besides, I use Digital Scraproom to organize my supplies, and it will not allow you to import a file if it has a duplicate name! I think every designer should be proud of what she creates, whether it be for sale or for free, and include their name and the kit name in the file name... do you think I can say "name" anymore in that sentence?! LOL! Just my 2cents!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:00 PM
SAS-y Pearl

hi kimbercatt,
i think your absolutely right.
at the beginning, when scrapping was all new to me
and i began to get some freebies,
i've put them all together in one folder,
after some time it got a really bad mess
and i still can't figure out who's files are in this folder,
so i began to sort them in folder some by designer,
some by kits
and also change the filenames
that i know who designed it.
i think each designer should have his name in the filename
Old 05-24-2008, 10:18 PM
SAS-y Pebble

.DS Store, or Desktop Services Store, is a file created by Macs to note details such as positioning of icons, etc. If you aren't on a Mac, it is safe to delete it. If you are, it may still not be doing anything important. It's supposed to be a hidden file. Hope that helps, Elizabeth
Old 05-25-2008, 01:10 PM
theStudio QC CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrellS View Post
... Also removing a thumb file can mess up your files. The computer keeps it there because it holds the images of the included files.
The thumb file is only if you have ThumbsPlus installed. If you don't have the program, the thumb file is a waste of space. If you do have it, and you delete the file, ThumbsPlus will recreate it the first time you go into that folder.