Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges 2011 > Recipe Card Challenge (through Jan. 2012)

Recipe Card Challenge (through Jan. 2012) Looking for some new recipes to add to your menu? Then join us in the monthly recipe card challenge hosted by Maurine of Let Me Scrapbook! All participants will receive all of the cards created that month. Recipe cards can be uploaded to Recipe Card Challenge Gallery.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 02:17 PM
theStudio Designer

Default January 2011 Recipe Card Challenge

Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's starter kit; it will be free to those who participated in the prior month's challenge. Please use this kit (or papers/elements you design in the same color palette) so the cards will "coordinate" and to ensure we don't violate other designers' TOU.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is either FROZEN FOODS or your favorite COMFORT FOOD that makes you feel good and warm inside! Part of my inspiration: a cookbook I have that focuses on preparing a bunch of meals all at once and then freezing them (usually in Ziploc baggies). When you want a warm, home cooked meal, you just grab what you want from the freezer, cook it, and enjoy. This is a wide open theme ~ anything goes! Be creative and have fun with your cards! If you need different tags for your card(s), send me an e-mail and I'll make them for you.

3. Design your recipe card(s) however you'd like. Include your name, forum name, e-mail address ~ whatever you want ~ on the card.

4. Create your original card at 6" wide X 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels) and save it as a 300 ppi jpeg, quality of 10. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. You will also need to resize your card at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Several participants have asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards.

3. Post a link here in this forum thread no later than January 31 so you'll be eligible for your store points.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive your points and a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

Reminder about POINTS EARNED for completing this challenge:
• You'll earn 10 points for the first recipe card and 5 points for each additional card.
• If you complete all theStudio challenges this month, you'll earn a 100 point BONUS.
• 100 points = $1 to the store.
• Points may be redeemed at any time. PM Toiny or any Admin at the Studio.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 07-31-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:21 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: January 2011 Recipe Card Challenge

Hi, friends. Give me a day or two to get the kit finalized and in the store. I'm trying (somewhat UNsuccessfully!) to catch up on life in general. The starter kit is high on my priority list...

Old 01-03-2011, 06:55 PM
theStudio CT

Okay, we'll wait...................still waitin'............................just kidding!!

I have been banned from the computer since Christmas because of a viral eye infection in BOTH eyes. I looked like a green eyed lizard. All you could see were green eyes and blood red everywhere else. Sheesh...what a way to have a holiday!!

Take what time you need.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 PM
theStudio Designer

I can wait --- if I have too ---- LOL
Old 01-04-2011, 04:49 AM
theStudio Picasso

To funny Marnie and Anita.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:52 AM
theStudio Picasso

Not a problem. I have to major scanning to be able to scrap this year.

Stand for something.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Chit Cat

I can wait too. Well no I can't. Yes I can. No, I can't. Yes, I will.
My favorite challenge and I am looking forward to it.
Thanks so much
Old 01-05-2011, 12:47 PM
theStudio CT

Uh, well, I'm still w-a-i-t-i-n-g!!!............... No, pressure though, Maurine,............... we don't want you to think we are excitedly awaiting our favorite challenge. No........don't want you to think we are in a hurry or anything like that.................Nope! We are patiently w-a-i-t-i-n-g!! Seriously............we are!!! Or, well, maybe we are......yes, I guess we are!!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM
theStudio Artist

It's worth the wait!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:59 PM
theStudio Designer

You guys crack me up!!! I'm glad you stick with me even when I'm slow!! : )

We have been battling upper respiratory crap at our house since Saturday, and between that, going back to work, and the freezing cold weather and inversion here in Utah, I have had no energy or creativity.

I was going to go with blue and gray for this month's kit, but then I found this cute clipart and the bright colors cheered me up! The green and yellow make me feel hopeful for spring! I'm already sick to death of the freezing cold and ready for some comfort and warm sunshine! NOTE: the bold words tie in to this month's theme. : )

I just added the kit to the store and updated the first post here with the instructions and preview...

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 01-05-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:00 PM
theStudio Designer

For DECEMBER participants: You can either send me an e-mail message and I'll reply back with a coupon code for you to pick up January's kit ~ or wait until I have time to pull all your e-mail addresses together and send a group message like I usually do. Your decision ~ either way is fine with me...

Old 01-06-2011, 04:57 AM
Chit Cat

Love the colors. Off to find the recipes for this month. Ohhhh this is so much fun.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:21 AM
theStudio Monet

Sent the email, thanks Maurine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine Stettler View Post
For DECEMBER participants: You can either send me an e-mail message and I'll reply back with a coupon code for you to pick up January's kit ~ or wait until I have time to pull all your e-mail addresses together and send a group message like I usually do. Your decision ~ either way is fine with me...
Old 01-06-2011, 09:14 AM
theStudio Designer

LOVE it and well worth the wait. TAHNKS Maurine!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:24 PM
theStudio CT

Oh, Sweetie, sorry you and your family have been ill. Hope you are feeling so much better now. I am so like you...ready for spring and summer. The day after Christmas, I take down the tree and say, "Okay spring, come to momma!" I do not like cold weather anymore.

Love the colors you chose for this month!!! Thanks for taking all of our kidding...you know we LOVE you!!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:44 PM
theStudio CT

Old 01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
theStudio CT

Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 PM
theStudio Artist

Marnie, your cards are really cute. Why are they all showing up in the gallery in that new size......is that the way we are supposed to post them now??? Thanks, Doris
Old 01-06-2011, 08:25 PM
theStudio Designer

I'm not meaning to speak for Marnie -- I was just curious what you meant. And you're right - they look like a big SQUARE in the gallery, but when you click on the picture, it looks fine when it opens in the individual post. I'm going to send a note off to Toiny and Tracy to see if they can figure out what the problem is in the gallery. Thanks for saying something so we can resolve this before the gallery gets too full of all your wonderful cards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris C View Post
Marnie, your cards are really cute. Why are they all showing up in the gallery in that new size......is that the way we are supposed to post them now??? Thanks, Doris

Old 01-06-2011, 09:57 PM
theStudio CT

Yeah, I saw that in the gallery and thought what the heck is going on??? Nope, I didn't do anything different when uploading them. Guess it is the "internet monster" playing around!!!
Closed Thread