Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges 2011 > Recipe Card Challenge (through Jan. 2012)

Recipe Card Challenge (through Jan. 2012) Looking for some new recipes to add to your menu? Then join us in the monthly recipe card challenge hosted by Maurine of Let Me Scrapbook! All participants will receive all of the cards created that month. Recipe cards can be uploaded to Recipe Card Challenge Gallery.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:28 PM
theStudio Designer

Default June 2011 Recipe Card Challenge

Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's starter kit; it will be free to those who participated in the prior month's challenge. Please use this kit (or papers/elements you design in the same color palette) so the cards will "coordinate" and to ensure we don't violate other designers' TOU.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is your favorite BEEF or GRILL recipes. I included a variety of elements, both grill-related and not ~ this is a wide open theme. Your cards can be for things you cook on the grill, including homemade marinades, or any recipe that includes beef: stuffed peppers, meatloaf, casseroles, roasts, steaks, etc. Be creative and have fun with your cards! If you need different metal tags and don't have them from previous kits, send me an e-mail and I'll make them for you.

3. Design your recipe card(s) however you'd like. Include your name, forum name ~ whatever you want ~ on the card.

4. Create your original card at 6" wide X 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels) and save it as a 300 ppi jpeg, quality between 8 to 10. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. You will also need to resize your card at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Several participants have asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards.

3. Post a link here in this forum thread no later than June 30.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 07-31-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:35 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: June 2011 Recipe Card Challenge

May was a tough month for me, and I had to keep talking myself out of taking a break for June. But the reward of all your recipe cards at the end of the month was too strong of an incentive, so here we are! I just finished the starter kit, and now I'm ready for bed. I'll load it in the store after work tomorrow and get coupon codes out to May participants. I've included a preview of what we'll be working with in my post above -- instructions will be added on Thursday...

Old 06-02-2011, 11:55 AM
theStudio CT

Maurine, you have done it again!! The kit is a winner!!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Chit Cat

Oh, this is just too cute. Can't wait.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:32 PM
theStudio Scribbler

I just found my way here, how can I start playing along? I would love to join you ladies!!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:58 PM
theStudio Designer

Hi, there. I just posted the instructions above. The first month you participate, you need to buy the kit from the store, then go ahead and follow the steps outlined above. I look forward to having you join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll37 View Post
I just found my way here, how can I start playing along? I would love to join you ladies!!

Old 06-02-2011, 09:48 PM
theStudio CT

Super cute!! I keep coming back because your card kits are so darn cute and we get all the awesome recipes!

Old 06-02-2011, 09:56 PM
theStudio Designer

Oh, thanks -- I needed to hear that tonight!! I'm always in the mood for a compliment! : )

And you're so right about the cards -- what a great gift we all give each other every month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamR View Post
Super cute!! I keep coming back because your card kits are so darn cute and we get all the awesome recipes!

Old 06-02-2011, 09:58 PM
theStudio Designer

May participants: I just sent all of you the coupon code for June's starter kit. If you don't receive it in your regular e-mail account, send me a note. And I promise to get the download links for the May cards to you before the weekend is over. Between the actual recipe cards, the blanks, and a couple cute avocados, there are 159 items! Fantastic work, everyone!

Now let's start filling up the gallery with BEEF recipes! Take care...

Old 06-02-2011, 10:59 PM
theStudio Artist

Just when I thought the recipe card kits couldn't get any cuter than last month's mexican kit, you come out with this one - absolutely ADORABLE! SOOO glad you didn't take a break (although we'd all understand!) I love challenges, helps me think outside my box and learn new techniques while getting my photos scrapped, this is the ONE challenge I make sure and do every month, even if RL gets in the way of all other scrapping.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 AM
theStudio Artist

I am so glad you did not decide to take a break this month Maurine because I am back after taking a bit of time off. I lost my mother and my husband the first two months of this year and lost interest in doing much of anything, but now I need to get back to doing what I love, so here I am again.

I am as old as I need to be for my age,
As heavy as I need to be for my weight,
As tall as I need to be for my height,
And wherever I go...there I am.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:31 AM
theStudio Monet

So sorry to hear about your losses. Prayers are with you, keep trying to stay busy, it will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djean View Post
I am so glad you did not decide to take a break this month Maurine because I am back after taking a bit of time off. I lost my mother and my husband the first two months of this year and lost interest in doing much of anything, but now I need to get back to doing what I love, so here I am again.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:06 AM
theStudio Artist

Thank you for another great kit Maureen! Selfishly I am glad you did not take a break, but sorry that you work so hard. It is much appreciated by us all for your provision of the wonderful kits and then all the great recipes we get to collect at the end! Have a great day. pigluvr
Old 06-03-2011, 02:21 PM
theStudio Designer

My sweet friend ~ I've missed you, especially knowing the reason you were away. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your husband before he passed away. Life is so short, and it's always hard to lose those we love, especially when it's more than one person in such a short period of time. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you...

I just sent you a PM...

Quote:

Old 06-03-2011, 04:28 PM
theStudio Scribbler

My prayers are with you as well, djean. Such a burden in such a short time. *hugs*

Maureen, thank you so much! I just love doing this challenge and you're so good to us.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:10 PM
theStudio Picasso

I'm like so many others here, Maurine.....glad that you are doing this month's challenge and sorry that you've had a difficult month. You can see how much your fun challenge and kits and recipes mean to us, and most of all, the way you are always so good to share your talents and friendship with us. Thank you for another adorable kit. Playing with your creations always makes me feel happy.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:14 PM
theStudio Picasso

I'm so sorry for your great losses, djean. I'm glad you are scrapping again and back here. It's good that you do something that makes you happy.

hugs, Elaine

Quote:
Old 06-04-2011, 12:37 AM
theStudio Designer

You are all such wonderful women -- it's great to be part of this group!

Old 06-04-2011, 12:38 AM
theStudio Designer

I was almost the last one to post my card in May -- and the first to post in June! Yahoo! I did a card for Pepper Roast.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:42 AM
theStudio CT

Here is one. We love to grill!

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...shrimpweb.html
Closed Thread