Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2011 > Capture the Moment

Capture the Moment We are kicking this off Memorial Day!

Old 06-24-2011, 07:32 AM
theStudio Monet

Default To all those who did reflections

I think this was a difficult challenge. It called on you to bear your souls. I have loved every one of the layouts. I think it has brought us closer as a community of scrappers to hear your stories and see your valiance in the face of difficulties. Thanks to Toiney for a great challenge and to all of you. We are sisters through your sharing. I wish you all could win!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:09 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: To all those who did reflections

I echo these thoughts completely -- well done to all!

Personal Use Shop
Commercial Use Shop
My Newsletter
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+
Documenting Your Life
Old 06-24-2011, 12:21 PM
theStudio Picasso

WOW! What great layouts and stories. Best wishes to everyone and good luck to the judges.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:03 PM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Well said and so right!
All of the layouts are both gorgeous and so touching. Amazing job to all of you!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:34 PM
theStudio Designer

I spent some time this morning reading and looking at all the LOs. They are so touching. Thanks for sharing the stories with all of us.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:01 AM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplaid3 View Post
I think this was a difficult challenge. It called on you to bear your souls. I have loved every one of the layouts. I think it has brought us closer as a community of scrappers to hear your stories and see your valiance in the face of difficulties. Thanks to Toiney for a great challenge and to all of you. We are sisters through your sharing. I wish you all could win!!!
Creating my layout for this round was difficult, I literally took all day with it and it reawakened my grief for a bit, but I agree with you in that I think the personal stories in all of the layouts has allowed some of us to be closer as a community. It's nice to be connected to others in a deeper way instead of it being just digital bits and bytes.

MY PERSONAL BLOG (life after a CVA)
Old 06-25-2011, 10:03 PM
theStudio Artist

I haven't had internet access and am posting from my phone even now. It definitely was a very thought provoking challenge, and I am grateful to be able to participate. As much fun as it is to scrap happy times, the rough times are every bit as important in scrapping our stories. Thanks to all who participated this week for baring your hearts and souls!
Old 06-26-2011, 07:56 AM
theStudio CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla1964 View Post
I haven't had internet access and am posting from my phone even now. It definitely was a very thought provoking challenge, and I am grateful to be able to participate. As much fun as it is to scrap happy times, the rough times are every bit as important in scrapping our stories. Thanks to all who participated this week for baring your hearts and souls!
I so agree! By not scrapping difficult times, other scrappers have the perception that life is perfect for some ... and wonder what happened to them! A perfect example came up during ADSR Season 6 ... it was very distressing for at least one racer because she has a difficult family life. I hope by sharing the stories in this week's challenge, folks who may be struggling are encouraged by the layouts. I, too, had a difficult time creating my page. However, I loved it once it was complete.

I've read through all the layouts, too. I wouldn't want to be a judge. Best of luck to my fellow racers! It sure has been a great challenge the past few weeks!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Chit Cat

This has been one of the most difficult lay outs I have ever done. I tend to want only the good times in my scrap books. Only my sisters, my brother, my aunt and uncle, a few relitives, and my husband ever knew why I went to live with my aunt and uncle. I really never talked much about it. I do like my LO very much and it means a great deal to me. I know many of the pages done for this challenge have been equally difficult to do. I loved each and every one of them. Thank you for the look inside.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:53 PM
theStudio Picasso

I agree with the sentiments already expressed by others, and am honored to be amongst you fine scrappers who are willing to add such personal and moving journaling to your layouts. I don't often share these kinds of feelings with most people I know, but I have felt safe enough to open up while doing these layouts (and others I have in my galleries). Maybe we're just a more supportive group with each other, and share so many of the same feelings, if not experiences, than you get when you meet people in real life. I certainly have friends I could share these feelings with, but the medium of scrapbooking seems to allow it more easily, and no one thinks you're strange for talking about these things. We're in it to preserve memories, and the hard ones are just part of the whole. Thank you all for being so supportive and giving!
Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 PM
theStudio Artist

I finally have some decent internet access again, and again am amazed by the awesome layouts. I agree with donakat's observations that this seems to be a medium for sharing things that are difficult, and you get support and encouragement from other scrappers, and that makes it ever so much easier, and you gain the wonderful feeling that you are truly not alone in this life journey! Our friends are not just those we interact with face to face...I will never meet many of you (most of you, probably), but you are no less my friends and support system that my best friend down the street!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:03 PM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla1964 View Post
I...I will never meet many of you (most of you, probably), but you are no less my friends and support system that my best friend down the street!
(((((((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))))) to you my friend; and to all my other friends here too!

MY PERSONAL BLOG (life after a CVA)
Old 06-27-2011, 07:14 AM
theStudio Picasso

Thanks to all for sharing your hearts, and for sharing in this thread as well. It has been a beautiful, yet bittersweet journey, made all the better by scrapping it, sharing it and healing a bit in the process. You all are THE BEST!

Many hugs to you all!

❁Come scrap your blog with me...

Easy Custom Blogs

Proud CT member for:
-.•:*¨¨*:•.--.•:*¨¨*:•.-