Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges 2011 > Heritage Theme Challenge

Heritage Theme Challenge Hosted by Michelle of Shelly Marie Scraps. Post your LOs in the Heritage Theme Challenge Gallery and post a link here in the challenge thread.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:04 PM
theStudio Monet

Default July - Your Patriotic Heritage

I'm sorry this is so late in the month, but I wanted to get this in for July. For this challenge, create a page that illustrates the patriotism of someone in your family whether they served or simply loved their country as I do. This may be of your ancestors or family still alive and well!

I scrapped a page of my Grandpa Holt who served in the Pacific during WWII. I wanted to use our new kit, American Soldiers, that Sherah and I created. It was just so fun to learn more about our grandfathers' service and extract many elements from their pictures and memorabillia. Very fun!! This particular airplane paper is available in the kit and was extracted from the picture of my Grandpa on the wing of the plane, also scrapped in this layout. I just love that era. What brave, honorable men and women!

Post your layouts in the Heritage Theme gallery. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Old 07-28-2011, 10:41 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: July - Your Patriotic Heritage

I recently went to Cheraw, SC to see my maternal 4th great grandfathers home built in 1770. He immigrated from England, but he and his 2 sons fought against the Tories in the Revolutionary War. Here is mine:
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...onary-war.html
Old 07-31-2011, 02:17 AM
theStudio Monet

Default Re: July - Your Patriotic Heritage

That is so cool!!! I would love to go to some of those areas!! I have ancestors that fought in the Revolutionary War, too. And some that fought in the Civil war, both sides. So interesting! Thanks for sharing