Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 09-06-2011, 01:01 AM
theStudio CT

Default Hello from California!

I just realized I've been here for almost a year and never introduced myself!!!

My name is Joy aka GoddessJoy, and I'm a 36 (almost 37!) year old wife, mom, and creator of artistic things. I've been making jewelry for over about 20 years. I also create assemblages, shrines, collages, and various types of altered art. I discovered digi scrapping about a year ago and became instantly hooked!

I've met some incredibly talented and sweet folks since I landed here last year! So nice to meet everyone!

A couple of folks have asked me about my user name, GoddessJoy. I believe that each and every woman has a Goddess inside of her! I think all of of ladies should embrace our inner Goddess and set her free!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:02 AM
theStudio Owner

Default Re: Hello from California!

Hi Joy! LOL I was surprised to see you introduce yourself, you have been around quite a bit. Why did I never fully realize you were from the bay area? I spent +15 years there in my teens - 30s. My oldest is even still there, well up in Stockton.

Officially welcome!

my email
Old 09-07-2011, 11:49 AM
theStudio Rembrandt

Nice to know something about you as I have seen you around for awhile.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:11 PM
theStudio CT

I'm a bit of a space at times. I got so excited about finding this site that I just jumped right in without introducing myself! Whoopsie!

@Piggy - I've lived here for almost 12 years. I was born and raised in southern Ohio, and still spend time there when I can. When I moved out here I lived in Mountain View with my Hubby, then a year later we moved south of San Jose to Morgan Hill, and have stayed here. I love that it's a small town, but close enough to the larger cities, the bay, the ocean, and the mountains!

I guess I should make myself an avatar or siggy since I've been here so long, huh?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:09 PM
theStudio Monet

Hi Joy! I'm a native SF Bay Area gal - lived there my entire life until I moved to Sacramento 11 years ago. I miss the Bay - but NOT the traffic and congestion. Nice to meet you!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:45 AM
theStudio CT

My poor Hubby has to commute from Morgan Hill to Redwood City every day. Other than that, we avoid a lot of congestion being down here. It's just not that busy in these parts!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:20 AM
theStudio Owner

From the Piggy Re: Hello from California!

Oooo that is a wicked commute! I hope he works off hours. We were down in Almaden Valley for a bit, the first year of our marriage, and I had to commute to Palo Alto. Not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddessjoy View Post
My poor Hubby has to commute from Morgan Hill to Redwood City every day. Other than that, we avoid a lot of congestion being down here. It's just not that busy in these parts!

my email
Old 09-14-2011, 02:26 AM
theStudio CT

Luckily he does work off hours. He's in the video games industry (software engineer) and doesn't have to be at work until 10am-ish. If he hits it right, it's only an hour drive. Not terribly bad these days. I have friends who commute from Los Banos to Redwood City every day!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 AM
theStudio Owner

That's not bad at all... but from Los Banos??? I don't think I could do it. Though I have friends from over in Modesto to RC or PA. That's just insane.

my email