Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2011 > theStudio Birthday Bash 2011 > Layout Artist Competition 2011

Layout Artist Competition 2011 We are kicking this off Thursday, September 1, 2011!

Old 09-15-2011, 05:10 AM
theStudio Designer

Default WEEK 3 - ASSIGNMENT

This week's voting was even harder than last week. Each layout unique and wonderful to look at! Thank you to each one of you for your participation!

We had a clean break at the top 30, with no ties. Congratulations, if you find your name below, you are moving on to Round 3!

altimasport
amyjo76
Angelclaud
AnnBK
anneofalamo
Arianna
bombalurina59
britnkaysmemaw2
ceefl0wer
Chrismar
citygurl08
DeannaS
goddessjoy
Jacque
KBCustomCreations
kcarlsen
Kimm23
ladyofthethorns
lala_ina
lmjrocko
Lynn
march76
mjjames
momto7
pbhill
rabbitrun
sailwemust
scrapn4christ
trickletime
wahoolady

Please review the general notes and instructions in this THREAD before you begin your assignment.

If you are moving on to Round 3, you will receive a coupon code by Personal Message to buy this kit in the store.

YOUR ASSIGNMENT

Please review the general notes and instructions in this THREAD before you begin your assignment.

Use only this kit from Booland Designs and Julie C, "Goodnight Sweetheart"

In this round, you must:

1. Create a SINGLE 12X12 LAYOUT using as much of the kit as you can to promote it beautifully, while still keeping your page, including shadows and layers, BALANCED AND EYECATCHING.

2. Shadows should be consistent, all in the same direction and relative to the distance off the page that particular element would be if real.

3. Your layout should be resized to 600 x 600 pixels, 72 dpi, and no more than 120K before uploading to the gallery. Once you have uploaded your “official” entry for the week, you are not to edit it in any way once it's been placed in the gallery.

4. You must post a store link to the kit in your description, and you must credit the designer and kit, and provide the name of any fonts you use

5. Mention any changes you made besides adding shadows. So if you added a bevel or glow or cropped anything, you must say so in the description area when you post your page. Please use only the tools that come with your software.

6. Post your layout in the LOA 2011: Round 3 gallery, and also the designer's gallery.

7. Post the Week 3 gallery url link from the address bar back here in this thread, and also the designer's gallery url link, so that we know you have posted in both places, and can go leave you some love.

IMPORTANT NOTES --

A. We had some questions about a couple of layouts being extremely similar, with the possibility of one having scraplifted the other. Please understand that using templates, sketches and scraplifting is not permitted for this contest.

B. We decided to be lenient this round if you did not follow the instructions exactly. Please carefully review each item in the list of instructions to be sure that you have followed each one. Your beautiful page will have to be disqualified if the instructions are not followed. Be sure you check your descriptions, links, and posting in the thread.

If you have a legitimate problem getting your layout up on time, e.g. computer issue or internet connection problem, or a Studio upload based problem, let us know and we may make an exception, otherwise all pages must be uploaded by the deadline.

POST DEADLINE : MIDNIGHT EST SUNDAY, September 18

POST YOUR LAYOUT IN THE LAYOUT ARTIST COMPETITION ROUND 3 GALLERY.

POLL FOR VOTING : will go up in a separate thread MONDAY, September 19. ALL STUDIO MEMBERS CAN VOTE IN THIS ROUND. Voting in the final round will only be open to Studio designers and admin.

POLLING CLOSES : Midnight EST on September 20

20 contestants will go on to Round 4

A new thread listing those who will be going on, and the new week’s assignment, will be posted on September 22. ALL CONTESTANTS MOVING ON IN THE CONTEST WILL RECEIVE THE CODE FOR THE KIT BY PM MESSAGE.

GOOD LUCK LADIES

Last edited by kimberkatt; 09-15-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:59 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default Re: WEEK 3 - ASSIGNMENT

Wow!!! What a beautiful kit!! I'm super excited congrats to all the ones who made it through!!All the pages have been stunning so far in this competition!!!I can't wait to see this upcoming week lo'sGood luck everybody!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 AM
theStudio Artist

Oh wow, I'm super excited, too! Congratulations to all who've made it through to week 3! Such a lot of fantastic LO's so far! And another really great kit for us to work with!

Proudly creating for Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps, JanetB Designs, Les idées de Christine, StarSongStudio, Studio4 Designworks
Old 09-15-2011, 08:16 AM
theStudio CT

Congrats to all of you who made it to this round. It's an awesome kit you'll be working with now. Good luck to all of you!!

Creative for
The Studio, Feli Designs, Berna Datema, Joelle Designs, Crowabout StudioB, Marta van Eck, Studio Manu, Rucola Designs, Pinklotty Designs

Old 09-15-2011, 08:21 AM
theStudio Artist

What a diverse kit to use! Thank you so much! Gonna have to ponder all the ideas in my head! Thank you again!

Old 09-15-2011, 08:24 AM
theStudio Artist

Yikes!! This is soo exciting!! What a wonderful and exciting kit to play with; I just love Goodnight Sweetheart!! I hope I can do it justice with a great layout!! Good Luck everyone!!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:13 AM
theStudio Scribbler

How exciting! Can't wait to dive into that gorgeous kit. Good luck to everyone for round 3!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:36 AM
theStudio QC CT

Congratulations everyone. Looking forward to seeing the lovely pages.

pse-3,4,5,6, 8 , 9, 10....CS5...and PSP x3
Old 09-15-2011, 09:51 AM
theStudio Artist

Wooow... I just download the kit and it's full with lots of beautiful stuff!! THANK YOU ^_^
And thank you to all who has voted for me & congrats to all who made it through!! Soooo excited!!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:21 AM
theStudio Artist

This kit looks amazing!! I'm still downloading--just wanted to say how excited I am that I'm still in the race! Thanks so much ladies!! Good luck everybody.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:53 AM
theStudio Artist

Congrats everyone that made it through!!! Such great layouts! I can not wait to see what you all come up with next!!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:14 AM
theStudio Monet

thank-you so much to everyone who voted me into this round! and congrats to everyone who made it!

Families are forever because love never melts.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:41 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Congrats all! Wonderful kit~
Old 09-15-2011, 12:53 PM
theStudio Monet

What a gorgeous kit! Thanks everyone who voted for me to make it this far, The competition is stiff! Can't wait to see all the beautiful layouts for this round!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
theStudio Designer

Congrats ladies!! I can't wait to see your Round 3 LOs!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:01 PM
theStudio Artist

thanks to all those that voted for me. i didn't campaign so it feels really special to get all those votes. (nothing wrong with campaigning i just had no where to campaign LOL) this one will be a bit hard as its out of my comfort zone but it is beautiful and will just make me work harder! can't wait

All my stress comes from people NOT playing the game of life by MY rules!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:08 PM
theStudio Artist

well, I finally got the kit downloaded and opened up--and may I say--there is NO WAY one layout could ever do this beautiful kit justice!! I'm going to have to think on it for a bit!!

Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 PM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaS View Post
well, I finally got the kit downloaded and opened up--and may I say--there is NO WAY one layout could ever do this beautiful kit justice!! I'm going to have to think on it for a bit!!
I was thinking the same thing! Hopefully with so many layouts being made, we will have a great variety to represent the kit. Congrats to all and good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with
Old 09-15-2011, 01:55 PM
theStudio CT

Congrats to everyone who got through- i have downloaded and have to say I am rather in awe of the vast amount in this kit- in fact I think I am feeling a little overwhelmed LOL- have been working on ideas and am giving it a rest until tomorrow
Cee
Old 09-15-2011, 02:55 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Wow. I'm so excited to be moving on!! Thanks so much ladies!! I better get started now if I want a kick butt layout. This week will be FIERCE!