Kit: Destiny by AneczkaW (some elements recolored), Magical Vol 2 by Aimee (sun), American Heart Bracket Album by RoseMade Designs
1 lb raw jumbo shrimp
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp each soy sauce and sesame oil
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
Corn and Black Bean Salad:
3 cobs corn
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 sweet red pepper, diced
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp pepper
1 head boston lettuce, separated
1. Peel off shrimp shells, leaving tails on; cut each shrimp lengthwise down back and gently pull out dark vein running down back. In bowl, combine oil, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper and garlic. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Corn and Black Bean Salad: Meanwhile, husk corn. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat. Close lid and cook, turning occasionally, until kernels are tender and grill-marked, about 15 minutes. Slice off kernels to make 1-1/2 cups; place in bowl. Add black beans, red pepper, onion and coriander.
3. In small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, salt, cumin and pepper. Pour over corn mixture; toss to coat.
4. Place shrimp on greased grill over medium-high heat. Close lid and cook, turning once, until shrimp are pink, about 6 minutes.
5. Divide lettuce leaves among plates. Top with salad, then grilled shrimp.
Destiny kit at Stone Accents Studio: http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/st...oducts_id=1357