The Way It Was
Famous news anchor Walter Chronkite used to sign off his broadcasts with the phrase, "That's the way it is." As a take off on that, I decided to call my mini-kit "The Way it Was." It's a vintage kit with a news/media theme.
In keeping with the contest rules, no CU was used in the creation of the kit or the packaging (including my designer button).
The kit contains four textured papers, 2 with subtle patterns. For the elements, I tried to do a mix of photoshop generated and extracted from my own photos.
The elements are:
- flower w/ button center (flower and button extracted, thread generated)
- film frame and square frame (both generated)
- journal stack (newspaper, flower, leaf extracted, note paper generated but distressed with overlay
that was created from a photo)
- foliage (extracted)
- postcard (extrated; curl added in ps)
- radio (extracted)
- ribbon (generated)
- rivet/brad (generated)
- tag cluster (key, string extracted; tag generated)
download links expired
UPDATE: Just wanted to clarify, the content on the newspaper on the bottom of my journal stack is from the 1800s - so I don't think there should be any copyright issue with using it. It's overlayed on paper that was digitally torn on 2 sides.
UPDATE: re-uploaded the zip files 9/19 to fix a minor problem with one of the elements.. apologies to those who have already downloaded.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.