Welcome to another month of organizing fun! – I am always working on organizing when it comes to Digital Scrapbooking. Whether it’s tagging files, putting files away, figuring out what needs to be scrapped, uploaded, deleted, backed up etc – it’s an ongoing process. I’ll be popping in here, on theStudio blog, on the first Saturday of each month to provide a few tips and a little monthly ‘to do’ list to help us all clean up our digi-stashes, organize our files and clear up some space on our computers. There will be some carry over from month to month, as well as tips or suggestions and a mini-tutorial of something we’ll be learning to do specifically each month! This process will grow as we share tips and tricks and learn how others do their organizing!
In my part of the world, summer is ending and the school year is beginning. This changes my schedule and my routine and I find it can be difficult to stay organized. Especially with new activities joining the calendar!
1. Make sure you have downloaded and un-zipped all of your purchases from the last month. You don’t want any downloads to expire, and you want to make sure that all of your files unzip correctly so you don’t miss anything important!
2. Clean up your downloads folder. For me, cleaning out and putting away everything from my downloads folder at least once a month helps me feel on top of things.
4. Empty your trash bin/recycle bin.
5. Check your coupons list, delete expired coupons and add any new ones! (see June’s Get Organized
7. Create a To Use FolderAssignment: Often, when I buy kits or download a freebie it’s because I really like the product, not necessarily because I have the perfect picture to scrap with it or because I have time to scrap. So how does one keep track of those kits you really WANT to use, but don’t have the time or pictures for it? I have a great way I do this on my Mac, but unfortunately it’s not an option for PC users, so I’ll do a different tutorial on another day outlining that, but I did some research and found a great way to easily keep track of those special kits you need to use!Create a To Use folder. This is a pretty simple concept. Somewhere on your computer, create a new folder and name it “To Use” (or whatever you want to call it). Inside this folder put the kits (or copies, if you’d rather) that you really really want to use! Next time you get the urge to scrap, pop over to this folder first and select a kit! **This would also be a great place to pop those CT kits you need to work with after you download them**
See you next month!
I would LOVE to get your questions and suggestions. I’m running low on my own organizing tips, so if you have any organization questions or suggestions, please share in the comments!
Other Tutorials that might help in your adventure of Digi-Stash Clean Up and Organization: