Tools: Adobe CS5; SweetMades Borders and trims NL-freebie
In today’s CU-only Newsletter Aneta, SweetMade, provides a wonderful three-part border and trim freebie. Besides making fabulous borders, trims, and frames with these files you can also quickly turn a plain paper into a patterned paper.
Let’s get started:
- Open photoshop
- Open Aneta’s border and trim freebie: sm_Borders_nd_trims_sample1 (1).png
- Click Edit –> Define Pattern
Now open your new paper document:
- Create a new document (12″X12″, 300dpi)
- Click the paint bucket icon & floodfill your background (I choose green #b0d588)
- Again click the paint bucket icon in your sidebar; then
- In your menu bar, change the mode from Foreground to Pattern
Note: Be sure to pick the very last pattern available
- Add a new layer in your layer palette
- Fill the new layer with the paintbucket
Adjust your blend modes in the Layer Palette to get a look unique to your paper. I again went simple:
- First, place a texture as your final layer
- For my texture I choose Blend Mode: Overlay
- For my new pattern created from Aneta’s border and trim freebie: sm_Borders_nd_trims_sample1 (1).png I choose Blend Mode: Divide
Note: I reduced the fill to 76% to get the subtle look I wanted
- As always, be sure you are on the correct layer when changing your blend modes:
Take me away to a place I forgot, show me a memory lost in my heart. A laugh with my grandmother, a hug of my child, dancing with father and cooking with mother. Perhaps this was just yesterday, or maybe so long ago…
Take your precious memories and keep them safe with this shabby, stunning collab. 90 beautiful elements perfect for capturing that one special moment, so you never have to forget. 20 lovingly created papers, many different styles for you to easily create your own unique piece of memory art.
Be sure the checkout all the great products in this amazing collab:
The potential in this collection is limitless. These are some of my favorite LO’s:
And we have a little treat for you today, to give you a taste of the goodness packed into This Shabby Moment by SweetMadeINC and The Urban Fairy. Just click to download & enjoy:
Sweetmade has a super cute mini scrap kit in her store. No Boundaries 1 is full of elements with distinguishing characteristics and papers with many multi-variation colors that are so much fun to scrap with.
Sweetmade is also having a 45% off Spring Sale for the next couple of weeks in both her PU & CU stores, so stock up now while the prices are low.
I’ve got a small cluster freebie for you today, Enjoy!!!